23 Best Friend Quotes
Let these best friend quotes be ones that you share with your best friend.
Having a best friend is a blessing. We all have acquaintances, pals, and friends, but a best friend is special. We have a unique relationship with them and we know we can always count on them no matter what is happening in our lives.
May these quotes also inspire you to be the best with your friends. May they give you thoughts about what it means to be a best friend.
- Recent studies have shown that spending time with your best friends can help reduce overall stress and also buffer the effects of negative experiences. David Khan, Stressed Out
- Between true friends even water drunk together is sweet enough. African Proverb
Funny African Proverb
- A true friend will be there for you no matter what you’re going through, no matter how strong the winds of adversity are, and no matter whom you are becoming – especially if it’s a positive change for yourself. Matt Morris, How To Live In The Present Moment
- Friends become couriers of grace, conduits of heaven’s grace. Those of us who need much grace come to treasure good friends. Max Lucado
- Most people enjoy the inferiority of their best friends. Lord Chesterfield
- And, of all the things upon earth, I hold that a faithful friend is the best. Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- True friends are always there for you. They support and help you in everything. Marry Jones, 101 Best Friendship Quotes
- Who I call my friend, I know I can always call on them to the end. Catherine Pulsifer
Best Friend Poems
- All my lifetime through, I’ll be thanking heaven for a special friend like you. Author Unknown
- A mother is the best friend God ever gave. Christian Nestell Bovee
- You feel at home with intimate friends without fear or hesitation. These are the friends you trust the most and share everything with. Daree Allen, What’s Wrong With Me?
- Most of us will have many friends throughout our lifetimes, friends of all shapes, sizes, and callings. Many of these are wonderful, meaningful friendships. Some are difficult. But some magic few of these are connections that have gone right to our soul. Stephen Cope, Soul Friends
- My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake. Aristotle
- Sisters are best friends, they are advisors, they are teachers, and best of all they are people with whom you can talk with about anything – someone you have a special bond! Catherine Pulsifer
- Although we come into contact with lots of people through the course of our lives, few end up as friends. If we have one good friend, our life is rich. Vincent Thnay, Friends Indeed
- A great friend will encourage and be excited for your life and your personal growth. Matt Morris, Mindfulness: How To Live In The Present Moment
Words of Encouragement
- A true friend gives freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeable. William Penn
- Basically the best way to put it is that in order to truly know ourselves (who we are, what we want in life, what we truly value and find important) we need to be our own best friend. Bastiaan Blikman; Chantalle Blikman, Reclaim Yourself
Believe In Yourself
- I have said many times before that if you have true friends that amount to the fingers on one hand you are truly blessed. Byron Pulsifer, The Gift Of Friendship Is Invaluable
- I cannot build a mountain or catch a rainbow fair but let me be what I know best – A friend who’s always there. Sandra Lewis Pringle, If I Could Catch A Rainbow
- A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities. William Arthur Ward
- Old friends are best. King James used to call for his old shoes; they were easiest for his feet. John Selden
- It is to everyone’s advantage to have a few close friends. It isn’t usual for everyone to have a multitude of friends because a true friend is more rare than some may at first think. Catherine Pulsifer, What Is a Friend
In summary, your best friend is one who will always be honest with you, even during the times when the honesty is not what you want to hear. They are the people who you can talk to about anything, they are non-judgemental and always have your best interests at heart.
A best friend is just that – a friend, not 20 friends but that one friend who is always there to support us and encourage us. And, of course, they celebrate our successes, they are sincerely happy for what we have achieved.
They accept us for who we are – flaws and all. They have your back, the relationship is built on two way trust. Be thankful for your best friends and let them know you appreciate them in your life!
More Quotes to inspire and encourage