26 Survivor Quotes
If you are looking for empowering survivor quotes, words of wisdom have collected a range of quotes aimed to inspire and motivate you. Maybe you are fighting an illness or are going through a really tough time in your life for any number of reasons, whatever the situation, you must always remember to keep your head high and fight to survive.If you are lucky enough to be a survivor, remember to be proud of the stuggles you have faced head on and share your survival stories with others. Remember, we are all in this together!
We hope you enjoy this selection of survivor quotes and hope that you will share them with others. We wish you well on your journey and never forget to give up the fight.
- I used to tell myself – boy, if you can survive this, you can survive anything at all.
Tom Lichtenberg, I. M. Survivor
- A survivor is someone who was once a victim like you and through time and healing was able to move forward.
Karen Williams, The People vs Cashmere
- A survivor is someone who has survived and copes well with the traumatic, tragic, troubling, terrorizing, torturing, and tormenting difficulties in his or her life and had become a person who remained alive after an event in which others have died.
Anthony McMaryion, The Survivors Mode
Life is Hard
- A survivor is a person who do not wavier, this is a person that is mature, and a keeper.
Janice E. Holliman, I Am a Survivor
- I have learned to live, forgive, and love, moving past being a survivor. Living as a survivor is living each day with one foot in the past.
Holly Peckskamp, Always A Loveolution
- I define a survivor as one who goes through a number of trials, beats the odds of endurance, and emerges victoriously to talk about their experiences. If that is what a survivor is, perhaps I do qualify.
Susan Kaye Behm, The Journey
- Being a survivor, then, is making peace with the catastrophe and it’s wake.
Thomas L. Underwood, PhD, Christine Edmunds, Victim Assistance
- Many people have told me if your marriage can survive building house together you can survive anything.
Mark A. Smith, Elaine M. Smith, The Owner-Builder Book
- The truth is that being a survivor often simply comes down to being alive. Being your own star witness to the ending that is always inside you. And being considerate to all those who came before.
Mark Yakich, Poetry
- If you can survive this ride, you can survive anything.
Long Way Around, Nancy Gatlin
- Does being a survivor imply that one has been healed, or does calling oneself a survivor begin to affirm the process of healing and wholeness?
Andrew J. Schmutzer, The Long Journey Home
- A survivor is someone who lives over and beyond the trauma of their abuse. It communicates the hope of moving beyond the pain of the past and is an attempt to shape a new narrative and tell a new story.
Anne Miller, Healing Together
- There really is something beyond being a survivor. THERE IS CREATIVITY! A time and place to discover all of my other parts that had been pretty dormant and afraid to come out and express themselves.
A. Thomas , From a Victim Beyond Survival to Creativity
- Each loss is an occasion to remember that survival is a gift.
Harriet McBryde Johnson, Too Late to Die Young
- Being a survivor, however, implies persistence and recovery, despite the abuse that has occurred.
Vernon R. Wiehe, Understanding Family Violence
- As newborns, our first taste of survival is sweet.
- A survivor is someone who pretends to be just like everyone else, but isn’t.
John Lawton, A Lily of the Field
Quotes About Being Strong
- I pray for peace to enclose your soul. Always remember, You are a survivor made strong.
Le’Juana Searcy, Peace Shining Through
- Always remember, you are a survivor, you are a warrior, you are strong and capable, and this will be over soon.
Ninya, First You Then Him
Strength and courage
- It may be difficult for you to believe right now, but you will survive this. I know that you will survive because we all have the capacity to mourn in ways that integrate loss into our lives.
Alan D. Wolfelt, The Mourner’s Book of Hope
Believe in Yourself
- Love can bear all and you will survive this. The will to live, even if it wanes during grief and bereavement, is very strong.
Deborah Kay Hayward, Until Death Don’t Us Part
- You will survive this agony and avoid atrophy if you stay with yourself.
Kelly McEvenue, The Actor and the Alexander Technique
- It will by no means be an easy task, but you can, and indeed, you will survive this journey.
D. Keith Cobb M.D, The Grief Survival Handbook
- Coping with losses in later life is another place where the most important decision we can make is to be a survivor, not a victim.
Bob Deits, Life after Loss
- I believe that if you’re truly prepared, you can survive anything.
Tim MacWelch, Outdoor Life
- A survivor is someone who possesses a special quality , this being the ability to fight and not to give up even though the odds are against you .
Carol O’Hanlon, The Knockout Punch
More Quotes to Inspire