36 Smart Quotes
Let these smart quotes give you thoughts about what being smart is. We hope you find these encouraging.
- Sometimes we see other people as a genius as we feel they are smarter than we are. They have more education, they can talk a good talk, but many times education and real world experience – what some would call “street smarts” – can make all the difference. Catherine Pulsifer
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose. Bill Gates
Quote of The Day
- It wasn’t that he wasn’t smart enough, or couldn’t find the money to continue; he just stopped right in his tracks. He certainly had the capacity but not the will. Catherine Pulsifer, Great Minds
- Knowledge is book smart, whereas wisdom is the application of book-smart knowledge to everyday living. Johnny Tan, From My Mama’s Kitchen
- None of us is as smart as all of us. Ken Blanchard
- One of the smartest things you can do as a manager is to hire the right person and then keep them happy. Happy workers tend to take less time off and are more likely to stay with their employer. Reen Rose, The Secrets to Being Happy at Work: Learn to Love the Job You’re With
Leadership Words of Encouragement
- Don’t try to tell the customer what he wants. If you want to be smart, be smart in the shower. Then get out, go to work and serve the customer! Gene Buckley
- All through life, we make choices. Some of those choices lead to good things happening and some of those choices come back to haunt us. Consequences will catch up with you no matter who you are, or how smart you think you when you believe that you can avoid them. Byron Pulsifer, Going To Sleep Did Not Help
- Figure it out for yourself, my lad,…
The world considers the brave and smart, But you’ve all they have when they made their start. Edgar A. Guest, Figure It Out
Poems About Life
- A valentine warms the heart, so be brave and be smart, give one to the ones you love, now they have you to think of. Kriss Stewart
- You will never be as smart as you are today. Tomorrow you will have more doubts. In ten years, even more. By forty you will think you know very little. By fifty you’ll be sure of it. By sixty you’ll wish you were as certain as you were of things when you were fifty. Mitch Albom, Commencement Speech To His Nephew’s Graduating Class: May 30, 2008, Nice France
- It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. Albert Einstein
- A man who correctly guesses a woman’s age may be smart, but he’s not very bright. Lucille Ball
- Mothers who run are opinionated, funny, and smart women. In other words, mothers who run are women we are always psyched to spend some time with. Dimity McDowell, Run Like a Mother: How to Get Moving–and Not Lose Your Family, Job, or Sanity
- We do not know what God intends for us in this life. No matter how smart you think you are, or how strongly you believe that you are in complete control of your own destiny, God’s power is far beyond your wildest dreams. If God intended for us to know and understand everything he has in store for us then we would have the same power as God. Byron Pulsider, Random Quotes with Thoughts
- Companies like Southwest Airlines, Google, and Kaiser Permanente have discovered that creating a fun workplace can also create a competitive advantage. These companies have discovered that happy employees create happy customers, and happy customers ensure happy shareholders. By the way, the smart, happy shareholders make sure they retain and reward those happy employees. Michael A. Pitcher, Seven eLements of Leadership for a New Breed of Leader
- He can be funny at times,
And serious when stern.
He is so smart and wise,
So many things from him we learn.
Julie Hebert, A Father We Have In You
Fathers Day Poems
- A valentine warms the heart,
so be brave and be smart,
give one to the ones you love,
now they have you to think of.
Kriss Stewart, Valentine’s Book For Kids
- When life gives you a strong blow, just be smart enough to know that you are the one in control. Michelle C. Ustaszeski
- To be smart is to use every talent and experience to project into each and every decision while understanding the point at which you need more and experienced counsel. Byron Pulsifer
- Emotional intelligence, a different way of being smart, is a key to high performance at all levels, particularly for outstanding leadership. It’s not your IQ; it’s how you manage yourself and your relationships. Daniel Goleman, Inspirational Leadership: A Primer
- You’ve got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you’ve got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. Vince Lombardi, Vince Lombardi Quotes
Quotes to Live By
- If you must work hard, work hard to find a smart solution. Alexander Woo, Work Hard, Die Poor? Or Work Smart, Retire Young and Rich?
- Oh our life – we have had fabulous times, we sometimes have been down to our last dime, sometime we have been silly, and sometimes smart, but we have always been in love and that is truly the great part. Robert Rivers
- As children, we don’t get to pick the ways in which we’re loved. But then we grow up, and if we’re smart and prepared and very determined, every once in a while we actually do get the life we wanted. Oprah Winfrey, Food, Health, and Happiness: 115 On-Point Recipes for Great Meals and a Better Life Oprah Winfrey Quotes
Poems about Life
- He used to think that he was pretty smart; he’d taken all the special degrees and courses he could take and once finished, thought he had it made. Little did he know, that he was in for a big surprise. Catherine Pulsifer, The Trap Within
Quotes on Life Lessons
Be generous to those who need your help.
Be frugal with that you need yourself.
Be wise enough to know that you do not know everything.
Be smart enough to continue learning.
Poet Unknown, Always Be
Graduation Poems Learning
- His heart his wound received from my sight;
My heart was wounded with his wounded heart;
For as from me on him his hurt did light,
So still, methought, in me his hurt did smart:
Both equal hurt, in this change sought our bliss,
My true love hath my heart and I have his.
Sir Philip Sidney, My True Love Hath My Heart
Short Love Poems
- It would be easy to forget about the demands of a new business and take that vacation but that absence could turn out to be costly…. Does the owner disappoint his family or disappoint his clients? This is the point at which the owner has to weigh perseverance, dedication and smart business practice against what his family wants. Is there a solution? Probably there is. Catherine Pulsifer, Focus A Direction
- If I was as smart as I thought I was I would be smart enough to know that the smarter option would be to seek another’s wisdom and guidance. Byron Pulsifer
- Setting smart goals that include all the factors:, measureable, achievable, responsible, and time related, have a more of a chance of being successful than just stating what your goals will be. Byron Pulsifer, Smart Goals
- Smart objectives mean smart planning. Smart planning means that you will consult with those who have previously succeeded in a like area. There are no short cuts to success. Each step is vital and along with each step comes the need to remain focused on the end goal. Just remember this: there never was a successful hockey goal scorer who took his eyes off the puck and neither can you. Byron Pulsifer, Smart Objectives
- I do not have an innate prejudice against intellect, intelligence, or, for that matter, graduate degrees, but they are not substitutes for common sense, people sense, or street smarts. Mark H. McCormack, What They Don’t Teach You at Harvard Business School: Notes from a Street-smart Executive
- When you work for something, you appreciate it more. Building your wealth with smart investments and frugal living is recommended. Elijah Davidson, Marriage: Husband and Wife: What Does the Bible Say About Marriage and Divorce?
- Thanks to technology, information is now readily available to us. No longer will a consumer wait on a local company to deliver a product or service they need. Technology has evolved to the point where a simple search on your smart phone will give you one or more alternatives. Byron and Catherine Pulsifer, Leadership vs Management
- Working harder will not increase your wealth . . you have to work smarter. Lenore Schur, How to Manage Money Without A Budget
More Quotes to Inspire and Encourage