38 Meditation Quotes
Let these meditation quotes encourage you to quiet your mind. If you find yourself stressed or worried meditation is a way to calm yourself. We hope you find these quotes encouraging and motivating.
Meditation has been used for centuries as a means of opening up the mind to the inner self. Connecting to your soul and understanding what is needed to help you propel forwards in whatever situation you are facing is essential to helping achieve a harmonic connection with your own body and mind. These quotes have been chosen to help you along your spiritual path.
Last Edited 03/02/2021
Meditation is a process through which we get to know how our mind works and train our attention to remain where we place it.
Michael Smith, Mindfulness Meditations For Anxiety
- In meditation, where other distractions are minimized, we can learn to use peripheral awareness effectively, and become skilled at using attention and awareness together.
Mathew Immurgut, The Mind Illuminated
- Meditation helps slow the mind down and enables it to focus calmly on the here and now, and therefore is the chief, conscious route to achieving a state of mindfulness.
Corinne Sweet, The Mindfulness Journal
When I enter into a state of deep meditation I am abundantly aware of a magneticlike force, which pulls me in the direction of God.
Wayne Dyer, There’s a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
God Quotes About Life
- Let’s be honest, it’s hard to hear the word ‘meditation’ without thinking of a yogi in a loincloth on a mountain-top somewhere in the Himalayas.
Andy Puddicombe, Meditation And Mindfulness.
- Some effective ways of managing stress include practicing yoga, meditation, exercising, engaging in a relaxing activity or having a few minutes daily for play time to avoid burning out.
Roger Collmar, Procrastination Solution
- All you are trying to do through meditation is to limit the thoughts but as soon as you close your eyes, there is a barrage of thoughts. They come racing to you from all corners.
John Marcus, Complete Meditation Guide
All forms of mindfulness are actually a form of meditation, but not all forms of meditation are mindfulness.
Neal Hoffman, How To Practise Mindfulness
- Through meditation, we can wash away the mud so that our crystal can shine. If deep down, the mind is more than just its thoughts and emotions, this signifies freedom, which is complete happiness.
Gelong Thubten, A Monk’s Guide To Happiness
- Meditation and prayer are one of the most efficient tools we can use to inspire our world.
Frank Arrigazzi, TIP TOP Spiritual Lessons
- Thе gоаl оf meditation iѕ nоt tо shut оff уоur mind. Onе of thе gоаlѕ of mindfulnеѕѕ mеditаtiоn iѕ tо recognize thе belief thаt if we are unable tо shut off оur mind, wе are nоt a “gооd mеditаtоr”.
Skeptics Self-Healing Academy, Meditation
Many traditions use walking as a meditation to calm the mind, to connect to nature, and for healing.
Gurucharan Singh Khalsa, Breathwalk
- Would meditation drive me further into myself, in a world where really, I needed to learn how to ask, engage and share? That time, none of these concepts where yet present in my awareness.
Amanda Metta, Mindfulness Journey In Africa
What is presented today as an ancient meditative tradition is actually a selective rendering of an ancient meditative tradition, in some cases carefully manicured.
Robert Wright , Why Is Buddhism True
- Meditation is about viewing the world with great clarity so you can make wise decisions. It will help you make the appropriate action with regard to things that you have to change.
Mia Conrad, Social Anxiety
- Meditation has become a very popular subject, and for good reason. Everybody is feeling the pressure to succeed and do great in their lives, but the work involved in becoming successful can be enough to make anyone exhausted.
Venkat, The Beginners Guide To Meditation
It is not a matter of cultivating or finding something you do not have, but about bringing your awareness to what you already have.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
- It is good for us to meditate on His greatness, knowing that we will never fully understand Him.
Michael Garland, The Lifted Veil Greatness
God Is Good Quotes
- The reasons and ultimate aims of meditation have differed through time and space; some cultures have prioritized transcendental awareness of body and mind, others on a closer union with a divine being.
Jonathan Shells, Meditation for Beginners
Quote Of the Day
- There is something very special about sitting meditation. It aligns your spine in a particular way that you can come to a point of stillness very quickly.
Deirdre O’Reilly, Surfing The Waves Of Stress
Self Motivation Quotes
Through proper and effective meditation, we will be able to develop positive thinking.
Stephens Hyang, Positive Thinking Book
Positive Thinking Quotes
- Instead of fixating on how you think your meditation session should go, just let go and immerse yourself in the experience, no matter what may unfold.
Kristine Ally, Mindfulness meditation for Anxiety
- It’s about opening the heart and mind to the difficulties and the joys of life—just as it is.
Pema Chödrön, How To Meditate
Open Minded Quotes
When you silence your mind, you will find yourself, In the eternal present moment, the pure awareness, reality and joy, The self itself. This is true meditation.
Ramesh Manocha, Silence Your Mind
- People who work under constant stress must take time off to be in complete silence and meditate even if it is for ten minutes during tea or lunch breaks.
Dianne Kane, Anger Management for Partners
Take A Break Quotes
- When a person starts practicing meditation, they may be more patient, focused, and proactive rather than reactive in what they do.
Derek Doepker, The Healthy Habit Revolution
- Your meditation can have the intention of relaxing the chakra, or of opening it up depending on whether it is underactive or overactive.
Crystal Stones, Chakras For Beginners
- In sum, meditation empowers you to tap into what lies beneath or beyond the ego. Call it creativity. Call it your innate wisdom. Some people call it your heart.
Dan Harris, Meditation For Fidgety Skeptics
Meditation is a method to transform your mind. It is finding your mental place of serenity, peace, and calmness.
James O’Donnell, How to Become Patient
Inner Peace Quotes
- Meditation takes discipline, just like learning how to play the piano. If you want to learn how to play the piano, it takes more than just a few minutes a day, once in a while, here and there.
Jack Kornfield, Meditation For Beginners
- Meditation that focuses on compassion generates affection, empathy, and the desire to help, and thus changes the way the brain functions in an enduring way.
Dr Patrizia Collard, The Mindfulness Bible
- Begin each day with a positive morning routine. Allow yourself time for meditation (or at least a moment of reflection), a healthy breakfast and some exercise. You can then move into your day calm and happy.
Lucy Lane, The Little Book of Happiness
- … photography can serve as a medium for reflection and meditation, perhaps as a form of prayer.
Howard Zehr, Little Book of Contemplative Photography
- To maintain mental clarity whether the mind is calm or agitated is the best form of meditation.
Traleg Kyabgon, The Essence of Buddhism
- By spending time meditating on what is important to you, what opens your soul and allows you to flourish, you begin to develop the map you need to direct you to the place of your dreams.
Ginny West, The Art of Joy
- Meditation can cleanse the thought process, control emotional bondage of greed, hatred and jealousy and brings with it tranquillity of mind and the power of concentration and inner strength.
DR. P. S. RAMANI, Metaphysics of Success
- Meditation will help to chase away self-doubts and hatred, inferiority complexes, and negative feelings that inhibit our creative expressions and happiness.
Sam Reddington, Meditation Power Techniques Course
Self Esteem Quotes
- Meditation is relatively simple, very inexpensive, does not take any special equipment, and can be done anywhere and anytime.
Michael Smith, Mindfulness Meditations for Anxiety.
More Quotes to Inspire