43 Words of Encouragement for Women
Be inspired by these words of encouragement for women. At times when women are juggling careers, family, and finding a balance in life, a word of encouragement can do wonders.
You will find these words have been said by women who understand and have experienced the challenges that women face. You will find encouragement from some famous women, and from women who have shared their thoughts to encourage and empower!
We would encourage you to share them with women to give them a positive thought for their day!
- I believe that as women, it is time to show love towards our fellow sisters, and to encourage and build up one another and not tear each other down. Stephanie Williams, Daily Meditation Of Scripture
- Be careful of expectations that you set for others, but more importantly, be careful of the ones you set for yourself. Cyndie Spiegel, A Year of Positive Thinking
- Look at life from unexpected angles today. Anna Barnes, How To Be Resilient
- Listen to your intuition about what is right for you. Each of us has to find our own way in honoring our needs. Judith Orloff, The Empath’s Survival Guide
- No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. Maya Angelou
These words of encouragement are ones that we (both women and men) need to remember when things are challenging.
- Each of us has unsuspected power to accomplish what we demand of ourselves, if we care to search for it. You are no exception.Claire Weekes, Hope and Help for Your Nerves
- What I’ve discovered is that most tears come from our inability to tell our story. One of my teachers once told me, “Tell your story. Your story will heal you, and it will heal someone else.” Iyanla Vanzant, Yesterday, I Cried: Celebrating the Lessons of Living and Loving
- Men. They’re not all bar stewards. Sue Cole
- Itï¿½s not neat and tidy. Being alive can feel messy, but mindfulness will help you become more aware of all these different dimensions in each moment. Vidyamala Burch, Mindfulness For Women
- One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. Lucille Ball
- Potential can never be “full;” it is never-ending and our possibilities are infinite.Mary Cay Ricci, Mindsets for Parents
- Cheer up, keep your spirits high, things are bound to get better! Anne Frank, The Diary of a young girl Anne Frank
- … when you commit an act of kindness, it causes elevated levels of dopamine in the brain, which gives you a natural high Bernadette Russell, The Little Book of Kindness
Words of encouragement to remind us a little bit of kindness benefits not only others but ourselves!
- We’re all supposed to be different. I want so badly to encourage everyone to say, “Who am I and how do I want to live my life?” Ellen DeGeneres
- Follow your dreams, remember you can achieve
All that you dream, whatever your mind can conceive. Catherine Pulsifer, Another Year
- “Sadly, if we are not confident about our choices, we can easily let other peoples’ comments make us feel guilty and ruin the joy we need to experience in life through doing the little things that mean a lot to us.” Joyce Meyer, eat the cookie. . .buy the shoes
Sad Quotes about Life
- God didn’t have time to make a nobody, only a somebody. I believe that each of us has God-given talents within us waiting to be brought to fruition. Mary Kay Ash
True words of encouragement for not only women but for others also!
- Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong. Sarah Dessen
Quotes about Strength and Courage
- No matter what kind of relationship it is, listening with an open mind and heart is powerful. Fran Curcio, Simple Life Lessons from a Soul Sister now Grown
- Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. Helen Keller
Quotes on Life Lessons
- “Wash away negative experiences of the day from your mind. Be confident in knowing that a new day brings new experiences and a new beginning.” Shadonna Richards, RN
- “When you’re trying something new, recognize that mistakes and confusion are part of the process.” Cindy Francis
Words of encouragement that have truth in them. Don’t be discouraged when trying something new – back up and reload – learn from what didn’t work and try again!
- You have to speak words of continuous encouragement in order to achieve whatever goals you’ve set for yourself. Anquanette Gaspard, Blink & You Will Miss It
Words of Encouragement
- Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
- Communication is an important part of everyday life, and listening skills are a part of communication. All of us have “listened” to someone for a length of time, only to realize we did not know what they said. Emilia Hardman, Active Listening 101
- If our people could only see all this, they would stop grumbling about their own misfortunes and offer thanks to God for blessing them with such abundance. Mother Teresa
- Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life. Galatians 6:4ï¿½5 (MSG)
Encouraging Bible Verses
Too many women fall into the trap of comparsion. Let these words of encouragement inspire you to be the best you can, focus on you, not on others.
- “When we realize that the best we have to bring to any situation is being just who we are, we relax.” Anne Wilson Schaef
- All of us are seeking the same thing. We share the desire to fulfill the highest, truest expression of ourselves as human beings. Oprah Winfrey, The Wisdom of Sundays
- Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Michelle Obama
- Worry does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength.Corrie ten Boom
Words of encouragement that remind us worrying does no good – it solves no problems – it finds no solutions. Women have more of a tendency to worry than men!
- Today, no matter what your job – from homemaker to home seller – remember that it’s not only important, but also something you can be proud of.” Amy E. Dean
- Sometimes the greatest encouragement one can receive is the discouragement of a nonbeliever. Michelle C. Ustaszeski
- And to all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.Hillary Clinton
- Sometimes your greatest contribution to this world isn’t something you do but rather it’s someone you raise.Katharine Coggeshall, How to be Happy Alone
- “It is impossible for you to be perfectly beautiful or to have a perfect body. It will also be unfair to dream of a perfect partner, perfect relationship, perfect, kids, or perfect home.” Jessica Minty, Codependency: Self Confidence
Take these words of encouragement to heart. Women sometimes put to much pressure on themselves, trying to make everything perfect! Our advice to women is to do your best and realize that everything will never be perfect.
- I was ready to move on and I was wholly unprepared to let go. And isn’t that how so many of our changes take place?Heidi Priebe, This Is Me Letting You Go
- At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent. Barbara Bush
- Developing resilience isn’t something you do over night – it’s the work of a lifetime. Connie Matthiessen
- Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their lifeï¿½s blood. But everyone has something to give. Barbara Bush
- While it is simple to learn how to recognize and manage emotions, it is not easy. It takes work. It takes commitment.Charlene Richard, The Art of Saying NO with Grace and Respect
- You must get your thoughts in line because they determine what comes out of your mouth. Our words are powerful and have the ability to change not only our mood but the direction of our lives.Yvonne Haughton, Good Night Insomnia
- Jealousy is a double edged sword. In a relationship, it cuts both ways. It hurts when you feel jealous, and it even hurts more when you are the one at the receiving end.Emma Casey, Trust Issues
Words of Encouragement
Words of Encouragement for Men
Words of Encouragement for Kids
We hope that you have found uplifting and encouraging words and that you have found words to inspire you. And, also words that will encourage and support others to keep an optimistic outlook. And while these words of encouragement are for women, you may find they also could benefit men.
More Quotes to inspire and encourage