51 Quotes That Make You Smile
Be inspired by these quotes that will make you smile, but also have words of wisdom throughout them.
- Complain a lot and people will hear you but not listen. Catherine Pulsifer
- Read a lot when you’re on vacation, but nothing that has to do with your business. H. Jackson Brown, Jr
- God gives the nuts, but he does not crack them. Proverb
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. Gandhi
- Funny, the moment you get someone else worrying, you stop worrying yourself. Spencer Tracy
Isn’t that the truth! When we help others our problems do not seem as prevalent.
- Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in the one ahead. Bill McGlashen
- Laughter is the best medicine but if you laugh for no reason, you need medicine. Author Unknown
Reminds us of the quote, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Perhaps this quote should be changed to, “A laughter during the day keeps the doctor away.”
- Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire? Corrie Ten Boom
- People will sit up and take notice of you if you will sit up and take notice of what makes them sit up and take notice. Frank Romer
Quote of The Day
- In spite of the cost of living, it’s still popular. Kathy Norris
- Old people like to give good advice, since they can no longer set bad examples. La Rochefoucauld
- Insults are the arguments used by those who are in the wrong. Jean Jacques Rousseau
- The trouble with the rat race is even if you win, you’re still a rat. Lily Tomlin
- Marriage is forever. It’s like cement. Peter O’Toole
- Time is nature’s way of keeping everything from happening at once. Woody Allen
- Twins are so practical. It’s always nice to have a spare. Billie Burke
- Young people tell you what they are doing, old people what they have done, and fools what they wish to do. French Proverb
- To give alms is nothing unless you give thought also. John Ruskin
- Too many captains run the ship aground. Greek Proverb
Quote of The Day
- There are three sides to every story: yours, his and the truth. Madge Kennedy
- Wrinkles are ditches that the gods have dug for our tears. Emile Augier
- It ain’t nothing to find no starting place in the world. You just start from where you find yourself. August Wilson
Wise words. Sometimes we find the task overwhelming, but we always need to remember one step at a time. As the quote says, start where you are, and take one step at a time! As they say, don’t look at the mountain, just look where you are and move forward.
- Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.
- I’ve changed my mind. Yeah, does it work any better. Edward Arnold
Quotes about Change
- I must be getting absent-minded. Whenever I complain that things aren’t what they used to be, I always forget to include myself. George Burns
Funny Birthday Quotes
- As you grow older, you’ll find that the only things you regret are the things you didn’t do. Zachary Scott
- If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan
- Money won’t buy you happiness; but it keeps you in touch with your children. Bumper Sticker
- The only things one never regrets are one’s mistakes. George Sanders
- The first great gift we can bestow on others is a good example. Thomas Morell
- Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid Albert Einstein
I laughed when I first read this quote. However, upon reflection, I thought there is true wisdom in Einstein’s words. We all have strengths and weakness, we cannot be good at everything. Build on the gifts that you are given, in other words, find your passion and build on it! There is genius in you!
- You aren’t wealthy until you have something money can’t buy. Garth Brooks
While Brook’s words may make you smile, there is so much truth in them. Many times we think about wealth in regards to material possessions and how much money a person has, however, there are things in life that money can’t buy – love, happiness, contentment, family, good friends, etc – and when you have them you truly are wealthy.
- There is no such thing as bad publicity – except your own obituary. Brendan Behan, Irish Republican, poet, short story writer
Irish Quotes and Sayings
The Irish do have a way with words.
- I love you more than sunsets love to swagger and to strut, or a sports team loves to celebrate when lifting up a cup. George Stanworth, Short Funny Love Poems
- A sudden bold and unexpected question doth many times surprise a man and lay him open. Francis Bacon
- Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don’t have for something they don’t need. Will Rogers
We have all seen the commercials that make us laugh or smile. And we have seen ones that make no impression on us. When we laugh it creates memories and that is just what the advertiser wants – a memory – so when we see the product we may buy it!
- We all have ability, the difference is how we use it. Stevie Wonder
- Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust. Zig Ziglar
Motivational Sales Quotes
- You’re not as young as you used to be. But you’re not as old as you’re going to be. Irish Saying
A great saying to use in a birthday card, one that will make the person smile, but one that also offers truth!
- Wisdom likes not chance. English Proverb
- Men will confess to treason, murder, arson, false teeth, or a wig. How many of them will own up to a lack of humor? Frank Moore Colby
- A cynic is a person searching for an honest man with a stolen lantern. Edgar A. Shoaff
- God gives nothing to those who keep their arms crossed. African Proverb
- After a bad harvest, sow again. Seneca
- We have to learn to be our own best friend, because we fall too easily into the trap of being our worst enemy. Roderick Thorp
- The earth laughs in flowers. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Rain is a good reminder of how our attitude can affect everything. Some folks let it destroy their day; others consider it a blessing. Judy Ford
- Whenever I meet people for the first time, I assume that they have a great story to tell and that it’s my job to find it. Sarah Ferguson The Duchess of York, What I Know Now
- Dream a little and work a lot. Donald Jackson
- Contentment consisteth not in adding more fuel, but in taking away some fire. Thomas Fuller
Quote to Live By
- In short luck’s always to blame. Jean de La Fontaine