52 Fool Quotes and April Fools Quotes
‘A fool and his money are easily parted’, so goes the old English phrase. Are you occasionally a fool? I know that I definitely act foolishly at times. When I fail to ‘engage brain’ and act without thinking, pull someone’s metaphorical tail, or make the mistake of making decisions when I’ve had a few glasses of beer or wine… Not always a good idea, and many of us have ‘been there and done that’ I’m sure.
But let’s not get too serious about life. Being overly serious, allowing ourselves to lack joy and focussing on purely mundane needs… this is when our spirit can become dull and listless. Take those ‘grey thoughts’ and replace them with playfulness, lightheartedness and not taking ourselves too seriously.Why not play the fool if you want? So long as you don’t go too far and no one (you, or anyone else!) gets hurt – I think that’s totally OK to play the fool. It’s something we should embrace from time to time.We should ALL worry if the day comes when we cannot take a joke, right?
Published by: Ben Gillison
- The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- The fool’s life is empty of gratitude and full of fears; its course lies wholly toward the future.
- And would you maintain that if a fool does what he thinks best, this is a good, and would you call this great power?
- A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant fool.
- Every man is damn fool for at least 5 minutes every day: wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
- A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
- He who thinks himself wise, O heaven! is a great fool.
- The lord commonly gives riches to foolish people, to whom he gives nothing else.
Martin Luther King
Martain Luther King
- He who hesitates is a damned fool.
- Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.
Bible Verses About Wisdom
- Never Defend yourself of words from a fool unless you are willing to become his equal.
- Be wise with speed, a fool at forty is a fool indeed.
- A fool Uttereth all his mind: But a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
- The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
- Fighting crime by building more jails is like fighting cancer by building more cemeteries.
- Fools Live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence.
- Those who ask questions are considered fools for some time, those who never ask questions remain fools forever.
- Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
- A wise man’s day is worth a fool’s life.
Sir John Lubbock, The Pleasures of Life
Short Inspirational Quotes
- I refuse to be made a fool of, and I refuse to be a fool for someone.
Hashim Conner, Karma
- If you are meant to be a fool, too, then go forth and be a fool!
Charles Jacquin, S.A.I.N.T
- The man who asks may be a fool for the day but the man who never asks will be a fool for life.
Mahesh Dutt Sharma, Motivating Thoughts of Confucius
One line Quotes on Life
- The Way of the Fool is a breath-by-breath, moment-to-moment journey that neither looks back in judgment nor forward in anxiety.
Mark David Gerson, The Way of the Fool
- The mouth of the fool is a destruction to himself, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
TOV Rose, The Leeser Bible
- The fool is a person who does not know that he does not know.
The Interpreter’s Bible
- The wisdom of a fool is like the wreckage of a house: the knowledge of a dolt is incoherent talk.
John Davidson (M.A.), A Treasury of Mystic Terms
- Like a house of cards, the fool’s life crumbles.
Tyndale, KJV Life Application Study Bible
Life and Struggles
- Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
- You can fool me once but you’re not gonna fool me twice.
- He might fool me once but it’ll only be once.
Donald MacKenzie, The Kyle Contract
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us.
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 300,000 times well then you’re probably the weatherman.
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, then I’m the damned fool
Nicole Elliot, The Savage Soldiers Complete Series
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times—shame on me some more.
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, I’ma get the fryin’ pan.
Melanie Shawn, Wishing Well, Texas Series Box Set
- Fool me three times, and I should be locked up for my own protection.
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, yikes, I’ve got some work to do.
Claire Cook, Life Glows On
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times??? Ain’t gonna be no damn third time!
Darryl E. McCullough, Count Your Blessings
- Fool me three times, even the village idiot gets the message.
Margaret Watson, Family First
- The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year.
- The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.”
- My birthday is on April 1st and nobody believes me.
- “April Fools’ is the only day to take people seriously.”
Criss Jami, Healology
- Laughing is good for you. The gods too are fond of a joke.
- I’m not a fan of April Fools’ Day. I can take a joke; I just don’t want to BE the joke.
- Why did the fool bring his computer to the dentist? It had a megabyte.
Amelia LaRoche, April Fool’s Day Jokes to Tickle Your Funny Bone
- Today is April fool’s day, a time to have some fun, to play a practical joke on someone, then shout ‘April fool’, as long as no harm is done.
Steve Kay, World, International and National Days
- Today is April Fool’s Day, a very important day for anyone with a sense of humor.
Gerald Tarlow, Maybe I’m Not Listening
- Today is April Fool’s Day, so you have to make a fool out of somebody.
Ernst Aebi, Seasons of Sand Sahara
- Today is April Fool’s Day! And do you know what? There is a Big, green, Giant elephant outside Way up high in the tree!
Mattie J.T. Stepanek, Reflections of a Peacemaker
- Today is April Fool’s Day. The first of April, of all days in the year, enjoys a character of its own.
Susan Wittig Albert, China Bayles’ Book of Days
- Happy April Fool’s Day! We can shed winter’s despondency at last. April is the perfect month to clean out the closet, take our exercise outdoors, reconnect with our spiritual side, celebrate Eath day- and today, make a date with your funny bone.
Julie Fisher-McGarry, A Year of Living Green
Top 3 April Fools Day Pranks
The Old ‘Honk at me and Smile’ sign – behind the sun visors in your victim’s car.
The Old ‘tying a party popper on an extended string across the door like a claymore trip wire trick’Just as it sounds… get ready to ‘wire up’ the house with multiple traps. Opening a head height kitchen door? Bang! Confetti in your face… Opening the toilet door/car door/garbage can? Bang! You get the idea.
The Old ‘Chocolate Spread Diaper trick’ – pull a peanut butter (and / or !) chocolate spread covered ‘dirty diaper’ out of your child’s bag… exclaim to your significant other… the other people on the train… the other people in the coffee shop…how awful it is that you’ve got to clear this mess up. Taste it a little… say ‘it’s not that bad actually’… do you want some? (Yuck!)
Famous Fool Quotes
Be inspired by our Collection of Famous Fool Quotes. Taken from some of the most inspirational people in history.
Fool Me Once Quotes
April Fools Day Quotes
It’s said that April Fool’s Day came from a change to the Gregorian Calendar in the 1500’s that changed the start of the year from a moon calendar date in April, back to January… which meant that people still celebrating the New Year in April were the April’s fools… this has carried on in popularity over the years and we’ve seen wind ups (spoofs or hoaxes!) over the last few decades that have made us all laugh. The BBC in the 1950’s famously covered ‘spaghetti harvesting’ as a news item, NPR announced that Nixon would be running as presidential candidate – in the early 1990’s – and my personal favorite (another BBC special from the 1970’s) that Big Ben was changing over to Digital and that if listeners were quick, they could win one of the famous London clock’s ‘hands’.
So here’s a bunch of good quotes and some funny practical jokes to help us all enjoy a day of silliness. Laughter, as they say, is the best medicine and when we take ourselves and our lives a little less seriously, we can learn to keep things in perspective and retain that elusive balance of work and play in our lives. So go on – play a joke, send a quote, or just allow yourself a time off to enjoy some light humor on one of the ‘less serious’ days of the year… (and Lord knows we all need those from time to time!)
Top 5 April Fools Day Quotes
More April Fools Day Quotes
More Quotes to Inspire