56 Rejection Quotes To Inspire Healing and Growth
Everyone who wants to move forward in their lives, needs to face up to the fact that sometimes, they’re going to get rejected. Whether it’s by a significant other, for a job, or from a family member. Hell, it might just be a minor rejection from someone we wanted to be friends with… One day – sooner or later – we all get knocked back.
So – how do we deal with rejection constructively? The best way that I’ve found is to take the ‘no’ as a ‘not now’. This is because most rejection is a knee-jerk response and shouldn’t be considered permanent. Did you ever keep on trying and keep on trying and eventually turned things around? That’s the power of seeing rejection not as a definitive result, but as feedback.
Asking questions after rejection can help us grow hugely… ‘Do you mind me asking why?’ ‘Can you please give me some feedback on why you decided that?’ Getting the answers to those kinds of questions helps you get a handle on the ‘why’.. And if you do that often enough, soon you’ll begin to see rejection in a new light; that rejection can actually help us get better over time.
Rejection is the Universe’s way of steering us back on track. Maybe that promotion/job/career/girlfriend/boyfriend wasn’t right for you right now.
So, feeling despondent? Feeling let down? Upset? That’s ok – feel it – but don’t dwell on that for too long. Feel it and move on. Then, get that feedback… and start thinking about turning that No (or ‘Not now’!) into a Yes. Rejection actually is a growth opportunity – if you embrace it in the right way.
Rejection Is An Opportunity For Growth Quotes
Rejection Quotes For Building Strength
Published by: Ben Gillison
- Rejection doesn’t mean you aren’t good enough; it means the other person failed to notice what you have to offer.
Believe In Yourself
- Just because you feel rejected or perceive rejection doesn’t mean you are really being rejected.
Joyce Meyer, The Root of Rejection: Escape the Bondage of Rejection and …
- Rejection doesn’t mean you’re a failure. Maybe your work isn’t ready.
Bella Mahaya Carter, Where Do You Hang Your Hammock?
- Rejection doesn’t mean you won’t find someone Rejection allows you to find the right one All it takes is a little patience, healing, and self-love.
Sorsha Lightcap, Petals and Ashes
- Rejection is merely a decision on the part of the person who has decided not to believe in you at that precise moment in time. That is alright because that person or persons do not determine your destiny.
Samuel J. Dargan, Good Decisions Now, Not Poor Choices Later
- Today, learn that you are the one who gives rejection its capacity to hurt.
Jeane Eddy Westin, The Thin Books
- Every rejection is merely another chance to reaffirm yourself and thereby succeed.
Jeane Eddy Westin, The Thin Books
- The concept of rejection is merely a perception.
Shawn Thompson, Elite Sales Gurus
- Massive rejection is the right track to success.
Benjamin Halpern, Supercharge Your Emotions to Win
- Rejection doesn’t define us if we choose to allow it to refine us. Our future is greater than our past!
Devaney Rae, Countless Joys
- Look at the rejection as an opportunity to prove to yourself that you can and will be successful.
Jack Canfield, Kent Healy
- Every rejection is an opportunity to improve and steel your resolve. But it is also time for a reality check. Rethink and ask yourself: ‘Do I really want this?’ If the answer is still ‘yes’, don’t look back.
Anup Kochhar, The Failure Project
- In reality, rejection is an opportunity to keep discovering more of me. Rejection is an opportunity for me to focus and to create with more depth.
Andres Orrego, Transforming Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda Into
- Rejection is an opportunity for growth. Rejection stings and for a while may make you doubt yourself. But fearing it will refrain you from reaching your heights.
Priya Alka, Rejection is Good
- So the challenge of rejection is an opportunity to grow through practicing acceptance and understanding until they become your reality in that circumstance.
Cindy Reynolds, Soulercise
- For me, rejection is an opportunity to improve and ready myself for that other – better – opportunity that God has in store.
Musa Ngqungwana, Odyssey of an African Opera Singer
- Every rejection is an opportunity. You have to be like a tank. If you hit a wall, you have to keep on moving to a place where there’s an opening in the wall.
- Rejection is an opportunity to love yourself more fully. All rejection supports you in accepting yourself more fully.
Bob Mandel, Robert Steven Mandel, Open Heart Therapy
- Every disheartening rejection is an opportunity to try again, be better experienced, and have the comparative advantage of getting the desired results.
Azubuike Isiguzo, The Darkness of Prejudice
- So stay positive and take rejection as an opportunity. Sometimes it is just like it’s not meant for you.
Priya Alka, Rejection is Good
- Rejection helps me decimate my fears.
Asif Zaidi, Sell to Excel
- Do not fear rejection. Do not fear pain. Be love. Give love.
Sarah Ince, Stargate 2012 Alignment Art & Meditations Edition
- I do not fear rejection, because I am under Your divine protection.
G Helen Bolton, A Decade of Praise
Love and Life
- Do not fear rejection It is practically impossible to be firm and stand up to others if you fear rejection. This is an enormously important and very powerful fear which makes cowards of us despite our best intentions
Paul A. Hauck, Overcoming the Rating Game
- Be a leader and act like one; never fear rejection and understand that doing what others are doing, it doesn’t guarantee wisdom. To succeed in life, you need to think about what’s best for you not what’s popular.
Victor Guembes, NO Doesn’t Mean Never
- Never fear rejection. For every person who walks out of your life, God will replace them with someone better.
Andre Pough Sr., Basement Mentality
- In order to sustain healthy, loving, lasting relationships, a person must not fear rejection. When this fear becomes the motivating factor in the life of an individual, they will spend their time trying to avoid it rather than building healthy relationships.
Terrie Reyes, Writing for Jesus
- Never fear rejection. Move forward. One rejection is just one thing that didn’t work.
Ed Cawley, Man Up, Man!
- Never fear rejection. Further never get depressed because of rejection that might turn out to be a stepping—stone to your success.
B. Joshi Ph. D., B. Joshi, Thus I Became Stress Free
- The fear of rejection is worse than rejection itself.
Keith Johnson, The Confidence Makeover
Quotes to Live By
- Every rejection is a lesson learned
Beatrice Filip, Aviation Journey For Smart People
- Rejection is a lesson life repeats regularly.
Marques Vickers, When Letters Still Mattered
- Many of the best loved novels on your bookshelf have a tortured history of rejection.
Michael Alvear, The Bulletproof Author
- Remember, rejection is the absence of love. So get ready to be loved! And, in turn, you will be able to offer love.
Chris Hayward, The End of Rejection
- When you get attacked with rejection, your flesh wants to go one way, but your spirit goes another. You must go with your spirit.
Roberta Morrison, Overcoming Rejection
- You’ll gain the strength needed to withstand the emotional side effects of rejection. You gain strength through knowledge.
- We will all deal with rejection from someone that we are close to at some point.
Keith Taylor II, Rejected but Still Prevailing
Great Quotes About Life
- If you live for people’s acceptance. You will die from their rejection.
- When you’ve just been hit by rejection, a lot of the thoughts you experience are automatic, or semi-conscious. If you’re not alert to them, they can make you feel much worse than you need to.
Mark McGuinness, Resilience
- No one is exempt or immune from rejection.
Sarah Kihu, The Agony of Rejection
- Ask God to heal the physical, emotional, and spiritual damage of each of these painful experiences of rejection.
June Hunt, Rejection
- If you want to achieve something original and meaningful with your life, you must learn to deal with rejection and criticism.
Mark McGuinness, Motivation for Creative People
- Self-esteem really plays a huge role in how we deal with rejection and we need to keep a firm understanding that we are strong enough to deal with not being wanted!
Larry Robinson, Mirror, Mirror
- The fear of rejection is a powerful adversary. It stops you from doing the things that need to be done.
Michael Raquet, Selling Big
- Rejection is a powerful force that can either stop you from living or propel you forward.
Rhonda Britten, Change Your Life in 30 Days
- Rejection is a powerful weapon against our self-worth.
Barry Bennett, Shaping Your Future
- Renounce all forms of rejection (fear of rejection, self rejection, perceived rejection)
Pat Legako, Cyndi Gribble, Deliverance
- Emotional and mental heaviness follows from the self-rejection and fear of rejection.
Ramona Brown, From Rejection to Restoration
- When our senses of love and self-acceptance are out of balance, we can experience feelings of self-rejection.
Laurie Buchanan, Note to Self
- Self-rejection shows itself in distrust of one’s own attitudes and feelings
Personal growth and training and development – Page 232
- When we heal our self-rejection and self-abandonment, we stop misinterpreting other people’s behavior as a rejection of us.
Hanna Kok, Happy Ever After
- For one thing, self-rejection can be hard to identify for what it is.
Harville Hendrix, Helen LaKelly Hunt, Receiving Love:
- Self-neglect and self-rejection can be just as diminishing and detrimental to the spiritual life as self centeredness and self-aggrandizement. A deflated ego can have the same effect as an inflated ego.
Chuck Queen, A Faith Worth Living
- Self-rejection can be replaced with acceptance and loyalty to your soul.
- Rejection from others is far less damaging than rejection from oneself.
Carl E. Pickhardt Ph.D., Romanswers
Words of Encouragement
- Self rejection is one of the most destructive forces around.
Ric Rawls, Simplicity in Life
Life and Struggles
Best Rejection Quotes
Rejection Is An Opportunity For Growth
Never Fear Rejection Quotes
Rejection Quotes For Building Strength
Rejection Quotes to Inspire
More Quotes to Inspire