20 Walking Quotes
Be inspired by our collection of walking quotes. Walking is not only great for your mind, body and soul but also a great form of exercise. Walking gives you the chance to experience the world how it is meant to be experienced, up close and personal with nature. Peace and serenity can easily be found when walking, some people even use it as a way to meditate or find mindfulness.
So grab your walking boots and get outside!
- Walking is good for the soul too. A walk in the woods, through the park, or along the shore will lift even the darkest of moods.
Dr Fran Swainston, Get Slim Stay Slim Naturally
- Put on your walking shoes and walk. Walk in more ways than one. Sometimes you must walk backward. Sometimes you must walk forward. Sometimes you will have your walking shoes ready and on your feet, yet you will be standing still.
Mary Anderson Lcsw, Mary Anderson, Awaken to Your Soul
- Walking meditation is like eating. With each step, we nourish our body and our spirit.
Thich Nhat Hanh, Happiness
- Walking in mindfulness brings us peace and joy, and makes our life real. Why rush? Our final destination will only be the cemetery.
Thich Nhat Hanh, Happiness
- We walk for everyone always hand in hand. Walk and touch peace every moment. Walk and touch happiness every moment.
Nguyen Anh-Huong, Walking Meditation – Page iii
- Going for a walk is one of the pleasantest things in life.
PROF. SHRINIWAS, FIFTY ESSAYS
- Here is a moment in time where your life and the road your walking on can be changed permanently just by a commitment and a choice to change your direction in where you are heading.
Terri Easley, Seasons of Destiny
- The reality is that simply going for a walk is not likely to clear depression but it might make some difference. If it clears it by ten percent, then it’s worth doing.
John Crawford, Anxiety Relief
- I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.
- Walking and hiking, especially in an ancient wilderness, can heal the mind and body. I say this with certainty after my own 3,300 mile walk across America.
Cindy Ross, Walking Toward Peace
- Twenty minutes’ walking will give you plenty of productive thinking time, lets you appreciate your surroundings and smell the air, and helps you put things into focus.
Infinite Ideas, Linda Bird, Look Gorgeous Always
- My father was a great walker and it was natural that I learnt the habit of walking from him. He would say that walking, like any other physical activity, begins in the mind.
Bob D’Costa, Walk to Lose Weight and Get Inner Peace
- Walking is good for your mental and emotional health as well; studies have shown that the simple act of walking is extremely effective for relieving stress and tension.
Art Brownstein, Healing Back Pain Naturally
- Walking is good for you. So you’re not getting enough exercise? And you hate sports, and you can’t You feel good after a long stand the gym? walk.
Michael McCarthy, Jeanne McCarten, Helen Sandiford, Touchstone Level 1
- Whether the pace is slow or fast, walking is good for everyone.
Chelsea Austin, Aerobics
- Walking is good for all of us, and so is being outside.
Lee Scott, Michele Stanten, The Walking Solution
- Walking is great for any fitness level. The great thing about walking is there is walking levels for every level of fitness. The benefits are immense.
Zayne Mitchell, What Do I Eat?
Quotes To live By
- Walking is great for our spiritual well-being too. It is the fastest pace for noticing something enough to truly see it and appreciate it fully, not just with our eyes but with all our senses in the way that children do.
Christine Aroney-Sine, The Gift of Wonder
- Walking is great for your heart. Dogs are great for your heart. Need I say more?
Carlyn Montes De Oca, Dog as My Doctor, Cat as My Nurse
- They are from all walks of life, And God made us all. Be careful how you treat your brother. You may be the first to stumble and fall.
Sandra Bailey Lowery, Touching All Walks of Life
More Quotes to Inspire