40 Nurse Quotes
Let this collection of nurse quotes inspire you. Here you will find quotes relating to nursing, nurse appreciation, and nurse retirement. Not everyone has the compassion and skill needed to do one of the most mentally challenging jobs ever! Becoming a nurse to many of us would be the worst job in the world, but to others, it is the only job in the world. Nurses, we salute you and thank you for being you!!
- As we all grow and become better and better nurses we will raise the standards of what compassionate and loving care is.
Caroline Thomas, New Nurse?
- Surely everyone shall realize that nurses are the indispensible and anchoring element in our healthcare system.
Lee Gutkind, I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out
- Whether it’s enrolling into nursing school or accepting a new nursing position, it all takes tremendous courage.
Melandy Falling-Jones NP-C, Nurses are The Plug
- The nice thing about being a nurse is that wherever you work, everyday is different than the day before.
Anne Burtch, Winning Tactics for Becoming a Nurse
- Teamwork and collaboration are critical to quality and safe care by effectively working within nursing and across other disciplines using open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making.
Gwen Sherwood, PhD, RN, FAAN, Communication in Nursing
- As a nurse, it is my goal to make sure patients feel respected and accommodated.
Jessica Sinclair, Network Like You Mean It!
- The task of a nurse is the fundamental act of humanity. Not everyone is willing to do it, but if you have the ability to care for another person, it’s the most honorable thing you can do with your life.
“Great wisdom from a student nurse, Nurse: The Art of Caring
Act of Kindness
- Caring is at the heart of the nursing profession. We care for the sick and vulnerable in the most intimate of ways.
Mark Lazenby, Toward a Better World
Love and Friendship
- You can almost always trust a nurse’s intuition.
Mary O’Brien, Servant Leadership in Nursing
- My path to becoming a fully-fledged nurse, fraught with obstacles.
Penelope Worrall, Nurse Call.
- But as hard as they can be on one another, nurses faithfully and forcefully support each other in times of stress, emotion, and need—most especially the veteran nurses who reach out on a regular basis to those who are just entering the profession.
Karen Wolk Feinstein, I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out
- Nurses are patient advocates. They try to spread awareness of these issues because they want to provide better patient care.
Alexandra Robbins, The Nurses
- Nurses know all about “quality of life.” It is the main focus of our profession—we provide care to enhance the quality of our patients’ lives.
Vidette Todaro-Franceschi, PhD, RN, FT, Compassion Fatigue and Burnout in Nursing
Life Changing Quotes
- Our calling and the work it entails are perennial. It is a distinct privilege to be a nurse! Healing presence is the difference between safety and quality.
JoEllen Goertz Koerner, Healing Presence
- Effective leadership and management are two important obligations of all professional nurses, and in today’s dynamic health care systems they are more important than ever.
Patricia S Yoder-Wise; Janice Waddell; Nancy Walton, Leading and Managing in Canadian Nursing E-Book
- Every society has had some people who have cared for others. A caring attitude is not transmitted from generation to generation by genes. It is transmitted by the culture of a society.
Jean Watson, Nursing
- And though it can all feel intense at times, remaining calm, being pragmatic, and having a sense of humor, can be exactly what is needed to feel and be successful as a nurse.
Sylvia Moreau, BSN, Registered Nurse, Nursing
- Bedside nursing is a challenging job that can become even more difficult in the face of political agendas and bureaucracy.
Roy G. Mundheim, Nursing
- I became a nurse for the same reason many do, to care for other people. It comes naturally; it’s not something I have to think about.
Kelly Riemenschneider, Memoirs of a School Nurse-You Can’t Make This Stuff Up
- Other important changes in nursing occurred during the latter half of the 20th century. The profession grew more diverse.
Nancy Goodman, Nursing
- A friend hath the skill and observation of the best physician; the diligence and vigilance of the best nurse; and the tenderness and patience of the best mother.
- The fact is that nursing is currently one of the largest and fastest-growing occupations in the country.
Beth Hawkes MSN, RN BC, Your Last Nursing Class
- Nurses must be assertive to communicate their own needs and be prepared to assert themselves to ensure balance in their own lives.
Julia Balzer Riley, Communication in Nursing
- To effectively work as a psychiatric nurse, we must become aware of our own biases and beliefs. Taking an inventory of what drives us to make the decisions that we make allows us to more fully understand ourselves.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Psychiatric Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!
- I’ve always wanted to be a nurse. I’ve always enjoyed it, I always will.
Lesley Mackay, Nursing a Problem
- As the health care delivery system continues to evolve and transform, so too does the discipline of nursing and the specialty of critical care nursing.
Patricia G Morton.; Dorrie K. Fontaine, Critical Care Nursing
- In today’s world, nurses are expected to be lifelong learners, reflecting on, evaluating, and modifying their clinical practice based on the emerging scientific knowledge.
Carmen G. Loiselle, Canadian Essentials of Nursing Research
- It’s usually the relative that lives the nearest to the affected person that ends up taking on more than their fair share of caring and nursing the elderly.
Nicholas Saunders, Nursing: Holding Loved Ones Close To Heart
- As a nurse, you always have to be at your best. Diagnosing different medical conditions on sight and having plausible solutions to each problem could be the only thing between you and a life.
Brittany Samons, Nursing Care Plans
- It is common for individuals who become nurses to retire as nurses, which indicates the longevity of nursing careers. Nursing is considered a stable and financially rewarding career choice.
Chad O’Lynn, RN, PhD, A Man’s Guide to a Nursing Career
- I think as nurses we have all faced many difficult situations
Anna Maslin, Nursing the World
Achieving Goals Quotes
- Experience in nursing school with case studies or with critiquing evidence for nursing interventions could lead to a disorienting dilemma from which the student realizes that critical thinking abilities have actually developed.
Arlene H. Morris, Transformative Learning in Nursing
- Most nurses that enter the field have some kind of “Calling,” over those that are merely looking to make a lavish lifestyle for themselves and their families.
Klacey J. Smith, Nursing: The Profession You Love to Hate!
- We will all face the death of a loved one …. But, one thing we may not share is facing the actuality that we will be the primary care giver, the nurse, to one we love.
Byron Pulsifer, Lean On Me
- A teacher is no longer just a teacher, but a tutor, therapist, guru, nurse practitioner, Dutch uncle, minister without portfolio and cop on the beat.
David McCullough Jr., You Are Not Special
- …police officers, taxi drivers, nurses, teachers, parents, and so on experience a daily dose of patience testing whether they want to or not.
Catherine Pulsifer, Patience Tested
- Thank you nurses for your dedication and for being here.
Sandy Kendall, The Boy from the O
Thank You Quotes
- Everyone says a nurse is a caring person who helps the injured and sick, but to me they are much more. To me, they are the biggest help in the hospital.
Mae Vanpelt, A Nurse’s Best Medicine
- The sacrifice and service of these nurses—their courage, kindness, and determination—is breathtaking.
Carolyn Jourdan, Nurse: The Art of Caring
Quotes About Strength and Courage
- Nurses need to be appreciated, recognized, and respected as professionals for the work they do.
Elizabeth C. Arnold, Kathleen Underman Boggs, Interpersonal Relationships
Nurse Appreciation Quotes
More Quotes to Inspire