64 Son Quotes
Find son quotes to share with your boy or to share with parents of a son. Pouring love straight from the heart into your son is a sure way for him to grow up to be best man he can be. Father or Mother, show how special these boys are and don’t ever let them forget it. Let these inspirational quotes be ones that remind you of how special and unique the love for your son is.
Published by: Catherine Pulsifer and Ben Gillison
- ‘No amount of money can be paid for the relationship between a father and his sons and a father and his daughters. Willie Williams, 7 Steps to Parenting Power
The type of love a father shows to his son and daughter can not be described in words but this quote comes close!
- Father and son relationships can be complicated – mine certainly is. Love. Hate. Respect. Fear. Worship. Disdain. Pride. Disappointment. Happiness. Anger. Joy. Sadness. The list goes on. John H. Clark III, Dying
Sure, It’s tough but the love fathers feel for there sons is powerful, and straight from the heart.
- Every mother hopes that her daughter will marry a better man than she did, and is convinced that her son will never find a wife as good as his father did.Martin Andersen-Nexo
A Mother will always want what’s best for their sons, the protective nature of a mother is a beautiful thing but is never to messed with! Do right by her son and the mother will love you.
- At first blush, everyone thinks the most important relationships in the family are the father-son and mother-daughter relationships. But they’re wrong. The cross-gender relationships are most critical.Dr Kevin Leman, Be the Dad She Needs You to Be
- To wake up to the sound of my son saying ‘Mama, mama!’ It’s the best sound ever. Miranda Kerr
- My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad indeed. Proverbs 23:15 (NIV)
The heart of a mother and father shows a type of love that is pure and unlike anything else.
- It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. Johann Schiller
Short Love Quotes
Just because you have the same surname does not make you a father. Love from the heart makes you a dad, show him this everyday!
- But now, being a parent, I go home and see my son and I forget about any mistake I ever made or the reason I’m upset. I get home and my son is smiling or he comes running to me. LeBron James
- “Of course, my son has been the center of my life and will always be the center of my love. When he was young, I was the rock in his life. Now that I am old, he is the rock in my life.” Hyacinth Mottley, Words of Wisdom – Words of Faith
Quotes about Love and Life
- You are my Son shine.Author Unknown
Inspirational Quotes for Kids
- When your son grows up, become his brother.Arabic Proverb
- Regardless of the situation you and your son find yourselves in, you, the parent, can always change how you respond to your teen.Kevin Fall, How to Get Your Son Back
- When our culture can’t even agree on what it is to be a man, we will need a great deal of courage to stand on the divinely delivered definitions found in God’s Word.Michael Fabarez, Raising Men, Not Boys
- Today I am the happiest man in the world, my son was born and thanks to God for this gift. Lionel Messi
God loves you and your son with every inch of his heart, always show that same love back to your son.
- At some point Covey decided that his relationship with his son was more important to him than his son’s success. He knew that the key to having a better relationship was to accept him as he was, rather than wishing him to be someone else.Adam Price, He’s Not Lazy
- When you were a toddler you made me smile.
When you were a teenage you made me worry.
But now you are a man and my son, I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments!Catherine Pulsifer
- But boys are different from girls and not just physically. Acknowledging, appreciating, and understanding that boys are boys is essential in raising a son.Catherine Musco Garcia-Prats, Good Sons Don’t Just Happen
- You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.Wally Schirra
Words of Encouragement
- Behold, sons are a gift from the Lord.Happy the man whose quiver is filled with them.Psalm 127: 3,5
- The moment that little bundle of pink, squirming flesh slips into our arms, love touches us. We feel it, not just in our hearts, but also on our skin. He is there. Our son.Meg Meeker Md, Strong Mothers, Strong Sons
- Be strong out there, my son. Look for the love and kindness in others. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes, and enjoy the journey.Kirsten Wreggitt, Before I Let You Go
- Until you have a son of you own, you will never know what that means. You will never know the joy beyond joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son.Kent Nerburn, Letters to My Son
- Boys are fun. They make you laugh. They are full of life and can share that energy with you. They also touch your heart; they are deeply feeling.Steve Biddulph, Raising Boys, Third Edition
- … the years will rush by, and one day you will be watching your son as a man, and feeling incredibly proud that he is caring, safe, making a contribution, and hopefully going far beyond you in the scope of his life.Steve Biddulph, Raising Boys
- How can we expect our boys to become powerful, successful, and complete men if we ourselves don’t possess or act on the tools and the know-how to take them there? Eric Davis, Raising Men
- Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don’t want them to become politicians in the process. John F. Kennedy
- A boy needs his mother’s respect. Not only her love but also her respect.Emerson Eggerichs, Mother and Son
- My son’s the most precious thing to me; he’s changed me from being selfish to selfless. Ricardo Antonio Chavira
- There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart. Washington Irving
- A mother’s love doesn’t make her son more dependent and timid; it actually makes him stronger and more independent.Cheri Fuller, What a Son Needs From His Mom
- God offers us the very best, His perfect plan for our life which includes His Son, love, forgiveness, and peace. Michele Ellison, Jesus Peace
- I never thought I would say this but raising a daughter is different than raising a son. But the one thing that is not different is my love for each of them.Catherine Pulsifer
- My son is my son till he have got him a wife, But my daughter’s my daughter all the days of her life.Thomas Fuller
- If a man has been his mother’s undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. Sigmund Freud
- My son was an adult, making adult choices. He had excluded me and the rest of his family. We were no longer a part of his life. It was up to me to take charge where I could, in my own life….As a caring mother who had always tried to do my best, I had a right to step forward, embrace my circumstances, and get on with my life. Sheri McGregor MA, Done With The Crying
- If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be – enthusiasm.Bruce Barton
- Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged. Louisa May Alcott
- Listen, my son, to your father’s instructions and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. Proverbs 1:8 (NIV)
- Yet now in my arms I was holding a helpless baby boy who would grow into a man. . . . .I cannot imagine that soft little face one day having whiskers.Rhonda Stoppe, Moms Raising Sons to Be Men
- Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough. Robert Downey, Jr.
- Though our new son is barely a part of our present, we look at his squirming, warm bundle of future potential and say to ourselves, “Hello, little man.” Little do we know the adventure we are beginning!Dr Gregory L. Jantz, Raising Boys by Design
- If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons. James A. Baldwin
Fathers Day Poems
- Our sons grow and change, sometimes before our eyes, and we can barely keep up with their active, inquisitive natures.Dr Gregory L. Jantz, Raising Boys by Design
- A man’s desire for a son is usually nothing but the wish to duplicate himself in order that such a remarkable pattern may not be lost to the world. Helen Rowland
- God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.John 3:16
Encouraging Bible Verses
- Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example rather than his advise. Charles F. Kettering
- It’s one thing for a child to leave home and live close by but, to me, it is quite another for my son to leave to live in another province where distance prevents me from seeing him more often. Then, I realize that the values and the teachings I have given him over the years are more important than any words that I would say now. Catherine Pulsifer, Forever Young
- Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free.C.J. Milbrandt, On Your Marks: The Adventure Begins
Funny Quotes about Life
- It was vitally important to me over the years of my son’s development that I modeled the behavior that I wanted him to adopt. You see, as a parent or as parents, we all have a tremendous responsibility that should not be taken lightly.Catherine Pulsifer
- He doesn’t know you’re watching him, but in this special, reflective moment, you realize he’s growing up. I mean, really growing up.Robert Lewis, Raising a Modern-Day Knight
- Of course, you are going to be reading books to your son at night. The books that he loves will be an education for you.Michael Thompson Phd, Speaking of Boys
Quotes about Books
- It’s your job as a parent to help your son identify his purpose, develop his talents, and learn how to get along with people.James Forgan, Raising Boys with ADHD
- There is no greater privilege in living than bringing a tiny new human being into the world and then trying to raise him or her properly during the next eighteen years.James C. Dobson, Bringing Up Boys
- When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son. The Talmud
- I want my son to become aware that he is in charge of the choices he makes, and it’s good to make thoughtful, good choices. Karen Salmansohn
- Your son will open your eyes, broaden your knowledge, and help your sense of humor.Michael Thompson Phd, Speaking of Boys
- One of the greatest gifts you can give your teenage boy is the gift of letting him know you get it.ï¿½ You’ve been there.Sebastian R. Jones, Parenting Teenage Boys
- Through discipline, your son will understand that some types of conduct are acceptable while others aren’t.Joseph R. Parker, Raising Sons
- If my son is happy, then I am happy. Chris Paul
- If you would have your son to walk honourably through the world, you must not attempt to clear the stones from his path, but teach him to walk firmly over them – not insist upon leading him by the hand, but let him learn to go alone. Anne Bronte
- If you are going to help him (son), you first need to show support and appreciation for the person he is, so you can build that person up.Clayton Lessor, Saving Our Sons
- Making a conscious effort to allow and even orchestrate opportunities for your son to accomplish tasks away from your watchful eye will allow him to develop his courage and his ability to make decisions.allow and even orchestrate opportunities for your son to accomplish tasks away from your watchful eye will allow him to develop his courage and his ability to make decisions.Rhonda Stoppe, Moms Raising Sons to Be Men
- I want my son to have a choice to contribute fully in the workforce or at home. Sheryl Sandberg
- Boys care more about sports, having fun, and not caring about the way they look (unless they are going somewhere nice).James C. Dobson, Bringing Up Boys
We hope you have found a heart warming quote to give to your son, every moment you spend with him is a gift, be sure to always remeber that even when times are tough! For more quotes from the heart click below to see our full topic selection.
More Quotes to Inspire and Encourage