Let these funny proverbs bring a smile to your face. Proverbs are phrases that have been passed down year after year. But some of these proverbs are funny but also offer wisdom. We hope these bring a smile to your face.
- If you dig a hole for someone else, you’ll fall into it. Hungarian Proverb
How true this is – when we talk about other people or do things that perhaps are not so up front, the person who gets hurt in the end is us. We are the ones who will fall into the whole. It may not happen right away but it will happen
- A lie travels round the world while truth is putting her boots on. French Proverb
Lies never do any good. They seem to spread so much faster than the truth.
- Wealth is like hair in the nose: it hurts to be separated whether from a little or from a lot. African Proverb
- Anger can be an expensive luxury. Italian Proverb
Anger is something that we all need to avoid when possible. Find ways to control your anger as by reacting with anger is truly to expensive – once you say or do something it is often hard to retract your words or actions.
- To lengthen your life, shorten your meals.Proverb
- You will never plough a field if you only turn it over in your mind. Irish Proverb
This is one of my favorite proverbs. Not taking action, just thinking about something will never see any results. Just like the farmer’s field, if I only think about it, the field will never be plowed.
- Six feet of earth make all men equal.Proverb
- Experience is a comb which nature gives us when we are bald. Proverb
As we age we gain wisdom and experience. This is a great proverb to use to celebrate and recognize the benefits of aging.
- Luck is the idol of the idle. Proverb
- A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. Proverb
Taking risks, venturing out of our comfort zone is a factor to live the life that you are currently only dreaming of. If you don’t move beyond where you are today then you will never be more or have more.
- A father is a banker provided by nature.French Proverb
- In a closed mouth, flies do not enter. Mexican Proverb
As my Mom use to say if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all. Also, if you don’t know all the facts don’t comment on a situation. If you don’t say anything it will never come back to you.
- No one tests the depth of a river with both feet. Ashanti Proverb
- There is hope as long as your fishing-line is in the water. Norwegian Proverb
When we give up to easily we never succeed. If we don’t have hope, we don’t take action. Hope gives us that light at the end of the tunnel. You have to believe that you will succeed, if you don’t have that belief then you don’t have hope!
- The art is not in making money, but in keeping it. Proverb
- You cannot get to the top by sitting on your bottom. Proverb
Funny words but ones that have true wisdom in them. If you want to reach a goal, then you have to take action – do something to move towards that goal.
- No man is a good physician who has never been sick. Proverb
- Parents can tell but never teach, unless they practice what they preach. Proverb
This proverb applies to all of us, not just parents. You cannot say one thing and then do another and expect people to just do what you say. Words you say mean nothing, but doing – setting an example says more.
- Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim. Spanish Proverbs
- Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week. Spanish Proverb
If you procrastinate then this proverb applies to you!
- A turtle travels only when it sticks its neck out. Korean Proverb
- Don’t sell the skin until you have caught the bear. English Proverb
The message – don’t spend money you have not got. With credit cards and easy access to credit, many of us spend more money than we make. A good plan is to only spend what you make WHEN you make it.
- There are many types of ships. There are wooden ships, plastic ships and metal ships. But the best and most important types of ships are friendships. Irish Proverb
- Drop by drop – a whole lake becomes. Bulgarian Proverb
This reminds me of the saying, you can only move a mountain one rock at a time. Many times we become overwhelmed by the size of a task. But, if we break the task into small tasks and work on them one by one we will get the entire thing. The important thing here is not to get overwhelmed.
- Man who run behind car get exhausted.Chinese Proverb
- Words have no wings but they can fly a thousand miles. Korean Proverb
There is so much wisdom in this proverb. Our words can either encourage others or hurt others. We never know the impact we are having on others. And also, gossiping about others can destroy! Choose your words carefully and thoughtfully!
- Be aware of the idiot, for he is like an old dress. Every time you patch it, the wind will tear it back again. Arabic Proverb
Read More Funny Proverbs Page 2
Funny African Proverb | Funny Quotes | Funny Quotes about Life | Funny Work Quotes | Quotes That Make You Smile | Funny Poems | Smile Poems |
2 thoughts on “Funny Proverbs”
This is a “GREAT” site
-have a good day!
this is a great site!