42 Job Quotes
Be inspired by these job quotes. Find a job that you are happy doing. Read these words of wisdom for encouragement and thoughts to think about when it comes to your job!
- I choose a lazy person to do a hard job, because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.
- You were born prepacked. God looked at your entire life, determined your assignment, and gave you the tools to do the job.
Motivational Quotes for Work
- Think about how much more engaged we would be at work if we were truly inspired … if we had leaders who viewed their jobs as triggers for an inspired workforce.
Kristi Hedges, The Inspiration Code
- It is never too late to be what you might have been.
- I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.
- Do or do not. There is no try.
- “Within the working environment, you need to make the employees understand that the coach is meant to help them deliver on their goals better and not to train them on how to do their job.”
I. Madison, Coaching
- There’s no job too immense, when you got confidence.
- Even sweeping floors is not such a bad job if it puts you closer to your dream. It is only a bad job if it is taking you nowhere.
- “Our attitude toward our job can determine whether our days are filled with excitement and the sense of fulfillment that comes from top performance – or with frustration, boredom, and fatigue.”
- Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
- Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.
- One of the things that modern work has shown us time and time again is that a job seems only as good as the day is long. This simply means that one never knows when the fortunes of a company will change where no change was expected.
Byron Pulsifer, The Finish
- But believe it or not, stress is not about how much the job demands of us, it’s how much we are able to stand up to the demands. We all have thresholds, and vacations are a way of reinforcing those thresholds and fortifying the spirit.
Sage Wilcox, The 2-Hour Vacation
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and starting on the first one.
- There are 3 outcomes for you in any job: you’ll be fired, quit or get laid off. You WILL change jobs.
- If you cannot work to your full capacity and do the absolute best job you can right now where you are you probably will not do the best job you can in whatever it is that you hope to end up
Byron Pulsifer, Be Where You
- Many of us do not need a different job. We simply need a different attitude and a new point of view about the job we have. Begin by envisioning Jesus standing in the midst of your work place as your real boss. Then look for the life lessons God provides through your work.
- Imagine our workplace if everyone did their job, and “then some”! It would improve productivity, it would improve the working environment, it may even improve some people’s attitude.
Catherine Pulsifer, And Then Some
Top Ten Work Quotes
- You will never change what you tolerate.
- Do the kind of job that if at the end of the day, your employer had to pay you what you were worth, they couldn’t afford to keep you, rather than for you to owe them.
Quote of The Day
- Even if you have a job that’s not necessarily the most fulfilling job, start looking for the one or two things you do like about your job and focus on those.
Linda Chaousis Thurston, Beyond Positive Thoughts
Words of Encouragement
- No matter what job you are in, if you are not happy then that will reflect on your performance. Take action find the work that makes you happy. You life will change if you do this!
- “People who are proud of their job are usually driven by an inner enthusiasm that allows them to obtain bigger goals.”
Angelica Montrose, 7 Steps To Getting A Promotion
- “Part of taking responsibility, or ownership, is knowing what is our job, and what isn’t. Workers who continually take on duties that aren’t theirs will eventually burn out. It takes wisdom to know what we should be doing and what we shouldn’t. We can’t do everything.”
Heny Cloud; John Townsend, Boundaries
Inspirational Work Quotes
- Getting along with other people helps you succeed on the job and may even be as important as your ability to do the job itself.
Albert Ellis, How To Control Your Anger Before It Controls You
- A success is anyone who is doing deliberately a predetermined job because that’s what he decided to do deliberately.
Earl Nightingale, The Strangest Secret
- If you are not passionate in what you do, or cannot find it with you to be passionate about your current job, either change your attitude or change your job.
- “If we focus on the things that are positive about our jobs, then we can tackle those activities we donï¿½t enjoy with a better attitude and, in some cases, actually learn to enjoy them.”
Stephen Shaner, The Art of Being Awesome
- “Doing a good job and taking pride in your customer service accomplishments is a way to prevent job burnout.
Robert Bacal, Perfect Phrases for Customer Service
- Don’t just accept the “how”. Question and understand the “why”! By knowing the “why”, it’s more than possible you may be able to suggest improvements which, in turn, can make your job more enjoyable and more productive.
Catherine Pulsifer, Job Improvement How but Why
- Take advantage of the work climate and learn new things on the job when possible. If you have spare time or periods of low activity while at work, don’t waste it. I.
C. Robledo, No One Ever Taught Me How to Learn
- Not happy with your job, find one that will make you happy. Don’t let excuses, such as, “I’m to old to change jobs”, or, “it has been years since I went for an interview,”, or, “at least I know what is expected.” Excuses and procrastination will keep you stuck.
Catherine Pulsifer, Love What You Do
- Don’t make a habit out of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you.
- When someone around you complains about his or her life, his or her job or about the things you do, pay attention even to the smallest detail. If changing something small about you will improve your relationship and it will make them feel better, then you can say that you just became a better person.
Lucas Bailly, Self Improvement
- Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
Funny Quotes about Life
- You are the CEO of YOU. There is no job security, you must ensure that your company of YOU is one where if you were hiring a person you would pick you.
- Well done, is better than well said.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
- . . formal education gets you a job, but self-education is what makes you rich! The importance of self-education and investing in your own personal development is something that you won’t learn about in high school or even college.
Jim Rohn, My Philosophy for Successful Living
- The reality is that after stepping away from a full-time job, many people still find that not only does work provide a much-needed paycheck and an ability to continue to save, but it gives them a crucial identity.
Kerry E. Hannon, Great Jobs for Everyone 50 +
- When you prevail – and you eventually will if you stick to the job – they will all tell you that they knew all along you could do it.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- In a team based environment, the boundaries for making decisions and the necessary authority have been expanded tremendously. Now, in many environments, the person doing the job makes the decision.
Catherine Pulsifer, Teams Beyond Yesterday’s Needs
Career Quotes | Funny Work Quotes | Motivational Quotes for Work |
Positive Quotes for Work | Inspirational Quotes for Work |
More Quotes to inspire and encourage