70 Kindness Quotes
Being kind is a decision we all make every day. It’s easy to snap at someone or to put them down (in words or in your mind) if they annoy you. It takes discipline to ‘look for the good’ in that person. I once had someone say to me ‘be kind to everyone you meet… because you never know what that person is going through today’. Someone cuts you up on the freeway? Maybe they’re distracted because their child is sick. Someone says something sarcastic and hurtful? Maybe they’re grieving and are lashing out because they are feeling hurt about their loss. Acts of affection, goodwill, consideration, and thoughtfulness don’t cost us anything and can change someone’s day for the better. Don’t act as they would, choose your own response and be kind!
Let’s all remind ourselves that kindness can make the world a better place; ‘Do unto others what you would have them do unto you’. I hope that these Kindness Quotes act as good signposts or reminders for us to ‘be kind’ in our day to day lives. Share them with others and let’s all make someone else’s day just a little better!
- Perhaps more than any other factor, kindness gives meaning and value to our life, raises us above our troubles and our battles, and makes us feel good about ourselves.
Piero Ferrucci, The Power of Kindness
- Is there an area of your life that could do with a kinder response today?
Clare Josa, The Little Book of Daily Sunshine
- Through the kindness we bestow on others and through the kindness others bestow upon us ï¿½ we help keep each other afloat in the stormy seas of life.
Orly Wahba, Kindness Boomerang
Inspirational Quotes about Life and Struggles
- When youï¿½re young, kindness gives you the wisdom of an old soul. And when you get a little older, kindness can keep you young.
Stephen G. Post, Ph.D.
- Kindness is love in action.
Tara Cousineau PhD, . The Kindness Cure
- Start the new year by resolving to look for opportunities to extend kindness to others, even in small ways.
Kristin Demery, The One Year Daily Acts of Kindness Devotional
New Year Quotes
- “Kindness and compassion are qualities that live within all of us. You don’t buy them or own them -you live them.”
Mary Brantley, The Gift of Loving-Kindness
- “A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.”
Rock Bankole, How to Be Happy
- Kindness, not judgment, is a far better remedy in healing ills.
Eleze “Lisa” Thomas-McMillan, Living Fulfilled
- “What goes around comes around and your kindness is usually appreciated by people who also reflect approval which is helpful to your self-esteem.
Nathan Smart, Self Confidence
Self Esteem Quotes
- To experience a kindness not only makes a person feel valued but it also plants a seed of kindness within them so that, eventually, they will become another who shows kindness.
Catherine Pulsifer, Pass It On
- Kindness is just love with its work boots on.
Victoria Moran, Fat, Broke and Lonely No More
- The time you take and the power of your words – how you say them, what words you choose to use, and when to speak these words. These words can be ones that ridicule, make fun of, chastise, or ones that provide encouragement, praise or demonstrate kindness.
Words of Encouragement
- Doing things for others makes the world a nice place to be. Helping is an act of kindness; itï¿½s something you can see.
Michael Gordon, You are Kind
#Motivational Quotes For Kids
Short Kindness Quotes
Share your kindness with the world, and see what happens!
Barb Walters, Kindness Grows
- Kindness implies the recognition of being of the same nature as others, being of a kind, in kinship.
Penelope Campling, BJPsych Bulletin
- You will never have a completely bad day if you show kindness at least once.
Greg Henry Quinn
Good Day Quotes
- How might your relationships with others change if you responded with kindness?
Corey Gladwell, The Human Experience
- Without cruelty, we would not know kindness.
Rosemary Peck, The Little Book of Tough Self Love
- Show kindness and compassion to the people around you.
D.D. Tai, Mind: How To Pleasure Your Mind Everyday
Short Positive Quotes
- Give yourself some kindness today until you’re filled and pass it on.
Lori Hil, 5 Gifts to Give Yourself
Short Graduation Quotes
- Kindness and helping others will return to you when you least expect it, and maybe when you need it.
Helping Others Quotes
- We treat people with kindness because itï¿½s the right thing to do.
Galit Breen, Kindness Wins
Short Inspirational Quotes
- There should be no enmity but unity and kindness .
Sumitra Bhave, Pan on Fire
- How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it.
- Words like nourish, nurture, resource, recharge, refuel, love and kindness are the essence of self-care.
Nardia Narain, Self care for the real world
- Teaching kids good manners is teaching them about kindness, consideration and respect.
Claire Stranberg, Raising Kids With Good Manners
I have always felt that kindness is love made visible.
Short Love Quotes
- Recognize the inherent value of every team member, and treat them with kindness and consideration.
Philip West, Self-Help Box Set
- Kindness is an electrical spark of life that runs through all kingdoms and has a reciprocal action when shown to others.
- Patience, kindness, and acceptance are often hard to find, and admitting when you’re lacking in those areas can be even more difficult.
Tina Samples; Dave Samples, Messed Up Men of the Bible
- How would your week have been different if you did everything with love and kindness?
Tina Nies, 40 Day LoveFest for You
- Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolutions.
Quotes about Strength and Courage
- Kindness, especially when it is not the expected response to a situation, is how I tangibly reveal Christï¿½s love in action.
Kristin Demery, The One Year Daily Acts of Kindness Devotional
Quotes About God’s Love
- Random acts of kindness bring out the best in people. They have a way of giving us confidence and a new gratitude for life.
Barb Walters, Kindness Grows
- No man has measured the power of kindness, for it is boundless; no man has seen its death, for it is eternal.
Mrs Julia M. Wright, Day’s Collacon
- Kindness makes the world a better place. When we do something for someone else without expecting anything in return it makes people happy.
Giovanna Tucker, Random Acts of Kindness
- …bt simply being kind, youï¿½ll jump-start a ripple effect of good deeds.
Adams Media, Simple Acts of Kindness
- I started to see ï¿½unconditional self-acceptanceï¿½ ï¿½ being kind to ourselves no matter what is happening in our lives ï¿½ as an immensely powerful life skill that most of us have not been taught.
Mark Nepo, The Self-Acceptance Project.
- I made it a goal to do random acts of kindness every month for the year. I learned a lot about stepping out of my comfort zone, looking for people in need and doing things without expectations, just because.
Mique Provost, Make & Share Random Acts of Kindness
The love, kindnesses, and value we have given authentically to others will be our remaining treasures at the end of life.
- Simply put, mindfulness teaches us to focus our attention on what is happening in the moment. However, we need to do so whilst cultivating an attitude of kindness towards ourselves.
Amelia Sceats, Mindfulness
- Often we forget the importance of kindness and it’s time to bring this back into your life because that leads to moments when you appreciate life more than you can ever imagine.
Nathan Smart, Self Confidence
- It doesn’t matter what religion you believe in, how old you are, what color your skin is, if you’re male or female, or what corner of the earth you live on – kindness is a universal language that everyone can speak.
Michael J. Chase, am I being kind
Inspirational Quotes for Students
- When you are focused on your partner’s good qualities and show them the same kindness, warmth, respect and generosity of spirit that you would your best friend, your relationship has the greatest chance of not just surviving but thriving into its later years.
Sophie Winters, It’s Not You It’s Us
- People say there are no more miracles, that God does not exist. But just look at Christmas – a time when people express kindness, a time when the world stops and actually has peace, a time when people share with others – a miracle, part of God’s plan!
- There is absolutely no reason to be kind – except for the fact that sincere kindness gets rewarded with the warm sensation of contentment in witnessing the happiness you’ve given others.
Antony Richard Pearson, How To Achieve Goals
- Every time someone out there does something nice for you, make it a point to tell him or her just how grateful you are for the same.
Adam Richards, Habits: 41 Habits To An Extraordinary Life
- … kindness needs practice. Just as a tree doesn’t strengthen its roots the night of the storm, you can’t develop kindness overnight; you’ll have to practice it in the littlest experiences – to the moth visiting your home, the telemarketer who trespasses into your peace, and the airline agent who botches your flight booking. With practice, you’ll become instinctively kind; kindness will become effortless and will require no active thought.
Amit Sood, Immerse: A 52-Week Course in Resilient Living
- Our kindness towards another propagates across a network of individuals, just as a hostile relation can span generations.
John Shea, Strategic Empathy
- Kindness: what a strange word to find on anybody’s lips these days. It is like a style in clothes which is no longer worn, or like a musty language no longer spoken . . . Nevertheless, it has a way of returning every now and then to earth . . . and there is kindness again, nestling stubbornly in people’s hearts, lifting a small peaceful voice, ready for the millennium.
- When you show people kindness and respect, despite petty differences, you are bringing positive vibes into your life and into the lives of others.
Jason Scotts, Mental Strength and Positive Attitude
- I believe that alongside our natural ability to empathise with others, we also have a need for others’ kindness, which runs like a thread throughout our whole life.
Tim Cahill, The Kindness of Strangers
- Loving ourselves means that we can be authentically kind to others without a mask.
Troy L Love, A Year of Self Love
This river of kindness flows through each and every one of us, connecting us. Because kindness is more than just medicine. The act of giving and receiving is where the real magic of human connection occurs.
Leon Logothesis, The Kindness Diaries
- Kindness extended, received, or observed beneficially impacts the physical health and feelings of everyone involved.
Wayne Dyer, The Invisible Force
- Life is short but there is always time for courtesy.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Famous Quotes About Life
- Benevolence has no guarantee of return.
- Little kindness and courtesies are so important.
Words of Encouragement for Kids
- Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.
Cute Life Quotes
- Being in a hurry is always the death of kindness. The busier you get, the less loving you will be.
Famous Love Quotes
- Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows.
Robert Green Ingersoll
- Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
Life Changing Quotes
Kindness in giving creates love.
Quotes about Love and Life
- Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.
- I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision. – age 66
H. Jackson Brown, Jr
Quotes on Life Lessons
- Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Positive Life Quotes
- The greatest things in life – truth, creativity, imagination, love, kindness, compassion -are already inside us, and they’re all free.
Great Quotes About Life
- Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Best Kindness Quotes
Inspirational Kindness Quotes
Famous Kindness Quotes