91 Respect Quotes To Inspire Peace and Equality
Be reminded of how important respecting everyone is by these respect quotes; which include thoughts and wisdom from many different people.
Being respectful is when you treat people in a way that shows you value their contribution by doing this you are demonstrating a sense of worth towards others; that you admire their abilities, achievements and their opinions.
Sometimes we can find it hard to show respect to our fellow human beings, I have always found the best way to look at it (Thanks to the classic advice of my mother) is to always treat people how you would like to be treated. You might be sitting there thinking oh c’mon, you can do better than that! But the truth is, you can’t really explain respect better than that one important statement. It is so true!
If you always demand the respect you are deserved then you will go far in life, that’s a fact.
I have found on my many encounters through life that the people that don’t treat people with respect usually don’t respect themselves. Time and time again that same someone to push you down will be right at the bottom with you, maybe not in a hierarchical sense but certainly on an emotional level. They may be getting paid more than you but remember this one crucial bit of advice. You cant take it with you, and we are all judged at the end of our journeys. Respect yourself and your fellow people!
Published by: Ben Gillison & Catherine Pulsifer
- Respect is earned by action alone, not self-gratification.Paul Combs, Drawn by Fire
- Respect a man, he will do the more.James Howell
- Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?
- The only man to me who is not respectable is the man who consumes more than he produces.
- He who wants a rose must respect the thorn.Persian Proverb
- We do not possess our home, our children, or even our own body. They are only given to us for a short while to treat with care and respect.
- If you treat an individual as he is, he will stay that way, but if you treat him as if he were what he coud be, he will be become what he could be.Johann Von Goethe
- Respect depends on reciprocityNyang Proverb
Short Inspirational Quotes
- I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.Albert Einstein
- This sign of respect, adoration, gratitude, and honor – going out of your way to notice someone, appreciate someone, honor someone, hold someone dear…. Gary L. Thomas, Cherish
- I cherish and respect everything I own and I feel so lucky to have it.Sophie Hinch, Hinch Yourself Happy
- If you are not being treated with respect, don’t be a doormat.Robert Rain, Dealing With Jealousy, Insecurity and Trust Issues
Quote of The Day
- Tolerance is a fundamental character trait of great people and a part of the attitudes and practices of those we admire and respect. John K. Carmack, Tolerance: Principles, Practices, Obstacles, Limits
- All religions have an equal potential to create a good human being – and that is enough to command mutual respect. Dalai Lama
- Respect out of fear is no respect M. K. Soni
- Wilma Rudolph, Helen Keller, Walt Disney, Joan of Arc, Nelson Mandela, and Thomas Edison, to name a few, not only climbed mountains, they exceeded limits and expanded boundaries, setting the tone for those who respect and admire them. Eric Thomas, Greatness Is Upon You
- Better live happy away from glamor, smooth words, hand-clapping, and selfish gratification than Dog to some Master whose whistle you are bound to respect.Napoleon Hill, The prosperity Bible
- Today’s where you need to target your thoughts and energy. Today’s where there’s respect to earn, training to accomplish, and money to make.Mark Divine , Unbeatable Mind
- Children need to be valued, always and regardless. Indeed, children cannot be successful unless someone values them.Gina Panettieri, The Single Mother’s Guide to Raising Remarkable Boys
- For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela
- You will gain more respect and esteem through listening rather than through talkingClive Harman, How to Communicate Effectively
- When it comes to respect between a mother and son, the point that most make is that a mother needs her son’s respect.Emerson Eggerichs, Mother and Son
- By showing your children that you acknowledge their ideas, views, and decisions, you are being a good example of respect.Bethany Bridges, How to Be a Good Dad
- Humility and respect tells much more about your background than your personality.Kate Iroegbu, The Best Motivational Book Ever Written
- There are countless ways of attaining greatness, but any road to reaching one’s maximum potential must be built on a bedrock of respect for the individual, a commitment to excellence, and a rejection of mediocrity. Buck Rodgers
- To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, To find the best in others,
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Poems about Life
- Customer is the most important person in any business. A customer is not just money in the cash register. They are human beings with feelings and deserve to be treated with respect. Prashant Faldu, Customer Service
- You can go to work on yourself to make yourself
Into the kind of person you admire and respect.
You can become a role model and set a standard for others.
Brian Tracy, You Cannot Change
- A society that does not recognize that each individual has values of his own which he is entitled to follow can have no respect for the dignity of the individual and cannot really know freedom. Fredrich August von Hayek
- Children will not respect you just because you are their parents. It takes virtue and good parenting for children to understanding why they should respect you. Dr. Fred Cremone, Boundaries
- If you are confident that something brings you joy, keep it, regardless of what anyone else might say. Even if it isn’t perfect, no matter how mundane it might be, when you use it with care and respect, you transform it into something priceless. Marie Kondo, Spark Joy
- I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity.Julius Erving, Basketball Player
Short Inspirational Quotes
- You find when you pursue a life of greater health and happiness, you then treat the body you have with dignity, respect, and absolute care. Dale Roberts, The 3 Keys to Greater Health & Happiness
- Consistency is a key element, without which a leader is incapable of getting respect, success or even developing confidence in others. Daniel Transon, The Leadership Challenge
- Our House Rules – Love God and love each other. Be generous with hugs and warm words. Be patient and respect each other. Practice forgiveness. Be kind and tenderhearted. Pray often. And live with a thankful heart. Author Unknown
- Respect people who trust you. It takes a lot for people to trust you, so treat their trust like precious porcelain. Brandon Cox
Words of Encouragement
- When we respect someone, we are acknowledging and appreciating their role in society or in our life. Jennifer Freed Ph. D., Character
- And yet, being such an unhappy student made me that much more grateful for those teachers who treated me with kindness and respect, or who showed me that I had value. Tim Gunn: The Natty Professor
- You can become someone who is worthy of respect, and someone who can pursue what he wants irrespective of what others say or do. Faith Starr, Stop Self-Sabotaging and Shift your Paradigm to Success
Believe In Yourself
- There are a lot of attitudes among workers that can lead to a better workplace and these can be as simple as respect for others, laughter, understanding, and compromise. Catherine Pulsifer, Enthusiasm a Key to Success
- A day to reflect
A day of respect
For all you have been blessed
Let your joy be expressed.
Catherine Pulsifer, A Time For Joy
- I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background. Michael Jordan
- You see, I believe that conversation that is real is more important than no conversation – that it is important to treat everyone with respect – without conveying prejudice, or judgment. Byron Pulsifer, What Counts As A Miracle
- When respect is shown according to what is proper, one keeps far from shame and disgrace. Confucius
Famous Quotes about Life
- Remembrance Day – It’s about respecting our past and looking hopefully forward, and more than anything, thanking those who have served. Rebecca Zamon
Veterans Day Quotes
- Self respect is what leads to self-discipline. It is hard to respect the self in the absence of self-discipline.Clint Eastwood
- Self Respect is essential to every human being.Jeevashree.M, I Didn’t change I just found myself
- Self respect cannot be hunted. it cannot be purchased. It is not for sale. It can never be fabricated out of public relations. It coimes to us when we are alone, in quiet moments, in quiet places, when we suddenly realize that, knowing the good, we have done it; Knowing the beautiful, we have served it; Knowing the truth we have spoken it.Alfred Whitney Griswold (American Historian)
Meaning of Life
- Self-respect grows from living a life you admire. Self-respect comes from looking inwardDeborah Norville, The Power of Respect
- As self- respect grows, so does self-realization.Jeffrey Michael, Reyes Duncan-Andrade, Ernest Morrell, The Art of Pedagogy
- Self-respect that corner stone of all virtueSir John Herchel
- All must respect those who respect themselvesDisraeli
- Respect yourself if you would have others respect youBaltasar Gracian
Put Yourself First
- Our reverence is good for nothing if it does not begin with self-respect.Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Self-reliance and self respect are about as valuable commodities as we can carry in our pack through life.Luther Burbank
- Psychologists tell us that your level of self-esteem – how much you like and respect yourself – is the key measure of how happy you are in any area of your life. Brian Tracy, Master Your Time, Master Your Life
- It’s important to be optimistic and proud of who you are. Show yourself the respect you deserve. People enjoy being around others who are positive and confident. Zane Rozzi, Always Know What to Say Next
- Self-respect is the noblest garment with which a man may clothe himself. Samuel Smiles
Short Positive Quotes
- Self-respect is the great thing to be always worked for and desired.Joseph G. Eastland, Success In Life
Self Worth Quotes
- To give honor and respect is the best way for a marriage to get to the destination of “together forever.”Reggie Brooks, Can We Stop and Save This Marriage
- I now realize that relationships are as much about respecting differences as they are about sharing commonalitie.Nickolas Martin, Linda M. Martin, The Two Voices Within
- To improve respect in your relationship, treat your partner with dignity, no matter the situation. Likewise, be the kind of person who commands respect,and your spouse will give it to you.Alex A. Lluch, Simple Principles for a Happy and Healthy Marriage
Love Quotes for Her
- Most good relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.” – Mona Sutphen
- If you don’t show your spouse respect, he or she will find it somewhere.Shannon O’Bryan, How to Fight With Your Spouse and Win
Trust Quotes For Relationships
- Planting the seeds of compassion and respect in classrooms and schools is essential, not only to reduce bullying and other cruel behaviors, but because empathy and kindness are so essential to all human relationships. Naomi Drew; Christa Tinari, Create a Culture of Kindness in Middle School
- Marriage, at its core, is all about respect for the other person – and respect goes both ways. Dr. Kevin Leman
- No matter what you call them always show them the respect and love that they deserve. There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. Victor Hugo
- Healthy relationships of all kinds are usually composed of honesty, trust, and respect. Ace McCloud, Confident Communication Skills
- When we show our respect for other living things, they respond with respect for us.Arapaho Saying
- Be a person and respect others as persons.
- Only when one learns to respect oneself can one then learn to respect others.Hidy Ochiai, Hidy Ochiai’s Self-defense for Kids
- We should protect the life of all beings, agree to respect others, and protect them and their property, be truthful in all our dealings and protect the health of ourselves and others.Phil Henry, Adaptation and Developments in Western Buddhism
- There will be no soloution without the virtue of respect for everyone.John H. Zaugg, The Truth
- Our children also must understand why it is important to respect others. They must also understand that fear and pity does not breed real respect.Thornton Bell Sr, Thornton Bell Jr, Donovan Bell
- We treat others with respect because it builds our own self-worth.Lane Pederson, Psy.D., LP, DBTC, DBT Skills
- My game is to respect myself and respect others.J. J. McMahon, Public Health Nursing
- Not to respect others, and be enriched by them, is soon to lose the power to command their respect.Pamphlets [religious, Sermons]. – Page 14
- Respect is invaluable in human interaction. Regardless of whether you lead only yourself or others, respect makes a difference.J. Marques, Leadership and Mindful Behavior
Make a Diffrence
- Respect the opinion of others. Maintain and defend your own opinions until advances in your own knowledge have replaced them.David O., The Aquarian Alcoholic
- Respect others. Demand respect; don’t allow yourself to be disrespected by anyone.Nicoline Ambe, Being Dad
- When you show people kindness and respect, despite petty differences,you are bringing positive vibes into your life and into the lives of others. Jason Scotts, Mental Strength and Positive Attitude
- We may not be able to stop evil in the world, but how we treat one another is entirely up to us.Barack Obama
- By volunteering and focusing on others you will find yourself at a better place as you will. regain your self-respect and thus the respect of others. Susie Harper, Aging: What Really Matters?
Helping Others Quotes
- We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it. Thomas Jefferson
Quotes About Being Strong
- Respect yourself and respect the integrity of others as well. The greatest thing you have is your selfimage, a positive opinion of yourself. You must never let anyone take it from you. Jaime Escalante
- Not all siblings can be best friends, but they can all learn to respect each other and honor their differences.Laura Markham, Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings
- Love is based on respect.Don Miguel Ruiz, Janet Mills, The Mastery of Love
- If we lose our love and self-respect and respect for each other, this is how we will finally die.Maya Angelou
Love And Life
- Respect is a key ingredient in love.
- Love without trust is without respect, and if a lover has not respected his fiancï¿½e, he will never respect his wife.Mary Elizabeth Wilson Sherwood, Manners and Social Usages
Find below a small collection of Self-Respect Quotes. Find our full collection on our dedicated Self-Respect Quotes page.
Relationship Respect Quotes
Respect Others Quotes
Love and Respect Quotes
More Quotes to Inspire and Encourage