46 Grandfather Quotes
Grandpas are special people in our lives. Let these Grandfather quotes remind you of the importance of these men. Some say a lot, others say a little, but the strength and wisdom they add to a family are comparable to no other.
If you are a new Grandpa then these quotes are for you. You will find the thoughts of others about grandfathering.
And if you are looking for wishes to send to your Grandpa then go to the bottom of the page to find wishes that you can send to your Grandfather for special occasions.
They have many names for a Grandfather – Pops, Grampy, Gramps,Granddaddy, Gamps, Grampie, to name only a few. No matter what you call them always show them the respect and love that they deserve. Let them know how much you appreciate them in your life!
- There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. Victor Hugo
- No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet. Author Unknown
- Grandfathers give us not only wisdom and encouragement, but there are an inspiration to us. Kate Summers
- Grandparenting is our consummate opportunity to serve rather than to be served, to love without taking offense, and to cheerlead and hand-hold those who come behind. Marty Norman, Generation G
- Just as knowledge is derived from information, wisdom begins with knowledge, grows with experience, and is empowered by discernment. Joseph Marshall III, Walking with Grandfather
- My Granddad was very protective of his family, and always wanted the best for us. Naomi Dowdy, Destiny Calling
- Grandpas are a wealth of information. Bryna Nelson Paston, How to Be the Perfect Grandpa
Quote of the Day
- One thing you always taught me grandfather is that patience which is the length of time is better than anything, there is no reason to rush in life, better things come with patience. Nicole Gopher Mampuya, The Appreciation
- Not a tenth of us who are in business are doing as well as we could if we merely followed the principles that were known to our grandfathers. William Feather
Words of Encouragement
- Being a grandparent is one of the best feelings you will ever have. It can even be the best time of your life. Your kids are grown. There’s time for you. Now you can have fun! Janet Steele, Great Ideas For Grandparents
- Grandpa got us up early, otherwise we might miss something. Sunsets, he loved’em. Made us love’em. Lucille Ball
- Being an exceptional grandfather is not about changing your grandkids. It is about changing yourself. Eyre Richard. Being a Proactive Grandfather
- Being a grandfather is one of the true joys of life; it is an awesome time. Catherine Pulsifer
- Becoming a father is usually a rational, participatory act. Becoming a grandfather is, at best, an irrational one: Without anyone asking your permission or advice, you suddenly find yourself cohabiting with a grandmother. Myron LaBan
- Our grandfather always full of encouragement and optimism, with wise words for all of us kids. Kate Summers
- My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn. Louis Adamic
Funny Quotes about Life
- A godly grandmother or grandfather is always welcome in a child’s life. But being a godly praying “Gramma” or “Grampa” is a gift you can deliberately give your grandchildren even if you don’t see them often. Stormie Omartian, The Power of a Praying Grandparent
- As my father-in-law says, he planned extensively to be a father, but becoming a grandfather just happened. He didn’t have a chance to prepare. Elizabeth Laban, The Grandparents Handbook
Fathers Day Quotes
- To be able to watch your children’s children grow up is truly a blessing from above. Byron Pulsifer
- Grandfathers know a lot. I know this because I am a grandfather and I feel like I know a lot of things, and frankly I’m rarely wrong.Blaine Pardoe, The Life Book: A Grandfather’s Gift
- Grandfather was well known for being stubborn in his ideas. For instance, you had to go to sleep facing east so that you would be ready to greet the sun when it returned. Michael Dorris
- You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was. Irish Proverb
- A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. Author Unknown
- You have to be young to be a grandfather. If you aren’t, being a grandfather will make you young again. Zezima Jerry Grandfather Knows Best
- To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo”. Robert Brault
- Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers. Lewis Mumford
- I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be. Abraham Lincoln
- I’m going to be your grandpa! I have the biggest smile. I’ve been waiting to meet you for such a long, long while. Billy Crystal
- A grandfather makes us laugh, makes us feel safe, and always makes us feel loved. Kate Summers
- Advice to those who want to be a good grandfather? “Be compassionate, understanding and loving. Spend as much time with your descendants as you can. Let them know you appreciate and have confidence in the younger generations. Our example is more than our words; the lives we live speak louder than our words.” Ron A. Bishop, Is There a Grandfather in the House?
- My grandfather is the king,
my Dad’s the prince,
I guess that makes me the butler. Adam Petty
Fathers Day Poems
- Being a grandfather gives us a second chance at being a dad without all the day-to-day duties of being a dad. Fathers get one chance at being a dad. Dr Richard B Liposky, Grandpa and Andy
- My grandfather was a wonderful role model. Through him I got to know the gentle side of men. Sarah Long
- The sweetest sound to the ears of a grandfather is the endearing name his grandchildren give him. It not only conveys recognition but also a depth of feeling expressed in no other way. Carolyn Booth, Grandfather By Another Name
- We grandparents are God’s special gifts to grandchildren, to our adult children and to the world. Rich Bimler, Grandparents: Play, Pray, Proclaim
- One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather. Joy Hargrove
- The work of a father and now grandfather is my most important role. I still cherish the moments we share. Akil White Khalid , Black Fatherhood
- Counting my lucky stars that you Grandpa are a part of my life. Thank you for always being there.
- Happy Birthday, Grandpa. I send you love and happy wishes to make your day a special one. I love you!
- There is no other Grandfather I would choose. You make me laugh when I feel blue. You make me feel special in all I do. Love you Grampie, yes I do! Catherine Pulsifer
Fathers Day Wishes
- There are Grandfathers, there are Grampies, there are Grandpas, there are Grandpappies, but you, my Granddad are the best Gramps there ever could be.
- Christmas is a time for family and you always make Christmas special. Grandfather may you feel blessed at this special time of the year as we all feel blessed by the love and encouragement you give to us all year through. Merry Christmas!
- You put the “grand” in Grandfather.
- There is no truer friend than you Grandpappy. You have always been my biggest supporter, a great encourager, and you always make me laugh. I value our friendship and appreciate you!
- Gramps, over the years we have had many wonderful memories. Your guidance and patience no matter what I was doing has helped develop me into the person I am today, thank you! Catherine Pulsifer
- You play with me, you love me, you take care of me, and always watch out for me. When I am sad, you make me glad. When I am blue, you tell me, “I love you.” Thanks, Grandfather for being that person on my life who I can always rely on, no matter what. Merry Christmas to you, I hope you know you are loved a lot. Catherine Pulsifer, Christmas Messages
Wishes for Grandpa
These wishes for your Grandfather can be used for birthdays, for Fathers Day, or just to let your Grandpa know how much he means to you.
Grandfather Quotes Page 2
Whether it is a birthday, grandparents day, Christmas or any other special occasion we hope that you have found the right words to express your love and appreciation for your Gramps. Never miss an opportunity to tell your Grandfather how much you love him!