58 Dad Quotes
Let these Dad quotes be ones that inspire you to be a great Father. Also find quotes about being a father to share with the new Dad. And find Dad quotes from Son which express appreciation and love for your Dad.
Dads are men who have been threre for us when we need support and advice. They teach, they love, they support, they pick us up when we fall and give us the encouragement we need. Find the right words in these quotes to express your appreciation for all he has done for you.
Make sure you let your Dad know how much you love him!
Published by: Ben Gillison and Catherine Pulsifer
- To the WORLD you are a dad. To our FAMILY, you are the world.Author Unknown
- One of the great lessons I remember my dad constantly emphasizing in our family while I was growing up was “Use your R&I.” That is, use your resourcefulness and initiative. He taught us that we were not victims of the circumstances surrounding us, but rather masters of our own destiny. Stephen M. R. Covey
- “Any man can be a Father it takes someone special to be a Dad.” Author Unknown
- Every little girl thinks her father is the smartest man in the worldHolly Robinson,
- Daddy, a son’s first hero and daughter’s first love.Author Unknown
- In a nutshell, then, we are right to strive toward becoming a famous dad, a hero in our home, precisely because in our fathering we have the awesome opportunity to reflect God, the ultimate Father.Matt Click, Famous Dad
- A dad is someone you should look up to no matter how tall you grow. Author Unknown
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.Author Unknown
- “A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.” Author Unknown
Words of Encouragement
- “I would rather be the daddy of a romping, roguish crew, of a bright-eyed chubby laddie and a little girl or two, than the monarch of a nation, in his high and lofty seat, taking empty adoration from the subjects at his feet.” Edgar A Guest, Daddies
Fathers Day Quotes
- Dad, I just needed to let you know, To me you will always be, Dadï¿½you are a hero, You mean the world to me.Amanda Suddeth
- “Like countless other dads, I believe that my children are the best kids on the planet. Not a day goes by that I don’t thank God for placing them in my life.” Charles Marshall, The Good Dad Guide
- “A Dad is one who is always there can always be counted on always has time, always encouraging, that is you Dad, Thanks for all you do!” C Lynch
- “My Father, my friend, my mentor, to you I want the very best that Father’s Day has to offer. This special day reminds me of how often you’ve been there for me. I send you Catherine Pulsifer
Fathers Day Wishes
- “But there’s no substitute for a full-time dad. Dads who are fully engaged with their kids overwhelmingly tend to produce children who believe in themselves and live full lives.” Tony Dungy
- “Dads are most ordinary men turned into heroes.”Pam Brown
Quote of The Day
- “I’m very at ease, and I like it. I never thought I would be such a family-oriented guy; I didn’t think that was part of my makeup. But somebody said that as you get older you become the person you always should have been, and I feel that’s happening to me. I’m rather surprised at who I am, because I’m actually like my dad!” David Bowie
- I love my Father, but what puzzles me the most is that he loves me.Kevin Albright, Finding My Father
Funny Family Quotes
- “As fathers, we look to the dads a few stages ahead of us as we equip ourselves to be the parents our children need on any given day.” Matt Schneider
- “The greatest gift I ever had came from God; I call him Dad!”Author Unknown
- “Becoming a father is a challenge to any man’s psyche and there is a fundamental reorganization that you cannot avoid when you begin this journey. Sharing the journey with other dads makes a world of difference.” Bruce Linton, Fatherhood: The Journey from Man to Dad
- Sorry, Dad, but sometimes your jokes just really aren’t all that funny. . .but we love you anyway.Amy Szarkows, The Sights, Sounds, and Silences of Italy
Funny Quotes About Life
- “How can we repay,
A loving and giving Dad.
Who is always there for us,
Even when he is mad.”
Julie Hebert, Can We Every Give Back Enough
Fathers Day Poems
- “Whenever I need advice or someone to just listen, Dad is always the man. The confidence he has in me is terrifying and encouraging all at the same time.” Asha Patrick, introduction to the book, Fatherhood
- “A good Dad is able to smile when there is little to smile about.”Jake Slope, How to Be a Good Father
- “Parents are not perfect, nor are they saints. Dads and moms make mistakes all the time. How you handle these situations will be an important life lesson for your children.”Bethany Bridges, How to Be a Good Dad
- A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.Gregory E. Lang
- “My dad has always taught me these words: care and share. That’s why we put on clinics. The only thing I can do is try to give back.” Tiger Woods
- “Everything is so normal for the dad up until the very moment of birth. Particularly the first pregnancy. There are no other kids to care for, so all he does is exactly whatever it is he normally does whenever he wants.” Andrew B Knott, Fatherhood: Dispatches From the Early Years
- Dad, you have been a rock for our family, you have fought in ways I can barely understand, because you love us.Christa Edwards, A Present God
- “The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched.”Justin Ricklefs
- “As an educator, I’ve seen the positive influence that fathers have on their children.”Nicoline Ambe, Being Dad
- “My dad encouraged us to fail. Growing up, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn’t have something, he would be disappointed. It changed my mindset at an early age that failure is not the outcome, failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail.” Sara Blakely
- “When I was a kid, I used to imagine animals running under my bed. I told my dad, and he solved the problem quickly. He cut the legs off the bed.” Lou Brock
- Dad was good because he was great in the smaller, unseen corners of life. He insisted on greatness in every facet of the daily grind. Nowhere was this clearer than in his role as our father. Mark Shriver, A Good Man
- My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend. Tiger Woods
- He was there when I didn’t understand, he was there when I was wrong, he was there when I cried, he was there when I lied. For some reason my dad was always there, when I needed him the most. His love was never ending. And now that he’s gone, there is an emptiness in my world but not in my heart.”Michael Jordan
- “I like to think my dad was easygoing and kind, and I think some of those things have been passed down. I am like him in a sense of being positive and hopeful. He was compassionate, and I’ve got a lot of that in me as well.” Joel Osteen
- My father was my teacher. But most importantly he was a great dad. Beau Bridges
- Dad, you are needed today and every day. Thank you for doing your part in saving our youth and making our society better.” Martin Henderson, Fatherhood: A Message to Men
- “As a father you must have the mindset that being a dad is your most important job.” Mark Merrill
- “Being a father is about adaptation and about making the most of the opportunities that are given to you.” Colin Adams, Parenting for New Dads
- “If you take being a father seriously, you’ll know that you’re not big enough for the job, not by yourself. Being a father will put you on your knees if nothing else ever did.” Elisabeth Elliot
- “Children look up to the father for stability and strength and, therefore, every dad must strive to be a good role model for his children.”Bethany Bridges, How to Be a Good Dad
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
- “More specifically being a dad is a diverse responsibility, and it is also defined by providing support to your partner in the glorious journey of parenthood.” Natalie L S West; Brad White, Fatherhood
- “The dramatic life change that took place when I became a dad for the first time would be more than welcomed if I had it to do all over again. I wouldnï¿½t trade the life I have with my kids for anything in the entire world!”Todd Anderson, 21 Must Know Tips For New Dads
- “Being a father is the most rewarding thing a man whose career has plateaued can do.” Aristotle
- “The praise meter in our home should rise to new heights. As dads especially, we should be the most generous praisers on the planet.” Matt Click, Famous Dad: A Hero In His Home
- “Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person.” Naveen Jain
- “Being a father means you have to think fast on your feet. You must be judicious, wise, brave, tender, and willing to put on a frilly hat and sit down to a pretend tea party.”Matthew Buckley
- “Becoming a dad is one thing – being a dad is many things. “Steve Chapman
- “New dads aren’t aware that infants are both blessings and black holes that drain sleep, time and passion.” Brick Scorn, Fatherhood
- “Being a grandfather gives us a second chance at being a dad without all the day-to-day duties of being a dad.”Dr Richard B Liposky, Grandpa and Andy: A Grandfather’s Handbook
- “Listen, there is no way any true man is going to let children live around him in his home and not discipline and teach, fight and mold them until they know all he knows. His goal is to make them better than he is. Being their friend is a distant second to this.” Victor Devlin
- My dad is my inspiration. What an amazing man!John Stegmaier, Will the Real World Please Stand Up?
- Thank you Dad for raising me right. And I thank God for you each night.Mountain Life and Work
- Thank you Dad for your love and guidance. Thank you for your knowledge and your vision.Aaron Antonio Diaz, Topics in Hybrid Systems
- As Dad-to-be, your primary job is to make sure Mom-to-be doesn’t see red during this stressful time of emotional and physical upheaval for her, and to do your part to make the pregnancy as successful as possible.John Pfeiffer, Dude, You’re Gonna Be a Dad!
Best Dad Quotes
Dad Quotes From Son
Being A Dad Quotes
Always let your Dad how much you appreciate him in your life. Thank him for all he has done for you. Don’t wait for that special occasion to let him know how special he is to you.
As our Dad’s age we come to the realization that he won’t always be with us. Never take your Father for granted. And life at times gets busy for all of us, but don’t neglect that phone call, that visit, it means a lot to him!
Our Dads gave us support and encouragement as we grew, now give back to your Dad all he gave to you.
As the saying goes, “Any man can be a Father but it takes a special man to be a Dad.” Let your Dad know how much he is loved and appreciated!
More Quotes to inspire and encourage