Distinguished, influential and some great people share their wisdom
in these famous quotes. Inspirational quotes on life, success and
change from these famous individuals.
Maya Angelou Quotes
- A great African American author, poet, and playwright.
"Yet it is only love which sets us free."
"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."
- Mary Kay Ash was the founder of Mary Kay cosmetics.
"Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway."
"Never rest on your laurels. Nothing wilts faster than a laurel sat upon."
- An American Author of inspiring books
"Bad things are not the worst thing that can happen to us. NOTHING is the worst thing that can happen to us."
We design our lives through the power of choices."
- Francis Bacon was an English Philosopher
"Prosperity is not without many fears and distastes, and adversity is not without comforts and hopes."
"A man is but what he knows."
Bruce Barton Quotes
- A successful businessman, a Congressman, and an author
"When you are through changing, you are through."
"There are times when nothing a man can say is nearly so powerful as saying nothing."
- An actress whose comedy is legendary.
"Ability is of little account without opportunity."
"In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."
- His quotes reflect his philosophies and everyday life in a humurous way.
"Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius."
"As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
- A motivational speaker and author.
"Life has no limitations, except the ones you make."
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
- The teachings of Buddha have been passed down from century to century.
"Be where you are; otherwise you will miss your life."
"Speak the truth, do not become angered, and give when asked, even be it a little."
Albert Camus Quotes
- This French Novelist and Playwright has inspired many
"Living an experience, a particular fate, is accepting it fully."
"Without work, all life goes rotten, but when work is soulless, life stifles and dies."
- A successful business man who shared his wealth
"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do."
"Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best."
- Dale Carnegie was a pioneer in public speaking and personality development.
"You'll never achieve real success unless you like what you're doing."
"The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way."
- The 39th President of the United States, and a strong human rights advocate.
"We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people,
different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams."
"Aggression unopposed becomes a contagious disease."
- November 30, 1874- January 24, 1965. Find wisdom in his quotes.
"Never give in, never! Be it concerning large things or small things, never, never, never!"
"Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult."
- Be inspired by these words of wisdom by this author, Tony Clark.
"I enjoy every day, because I choose to."
"There is nothing like a treasured prize and a tight deadline to focus the mind."
- A nationally known speaker, a best selling author, world champion Athlete.
"As you know, life is an echo; we get what we give."
"A secret to living a happy life is not just having what you want, but, more important, wanting what you have."
Charles Dickens Quotes
- Dickens, an English author, whose work lives on today.
"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it to anyone else."
"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."
- A great American cartoonist, the creator of Mickey Mouse. A man who had a dream
and was determined.
"It's fun to do the impossible."
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me..."
- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer a motivational speaker and author; who has encouraged millions.
"You put your intention and your attention on what it is that you want to shift and change."
"Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think."
Thomas Edison Quotes
- His thoughts, and quotes are ones that are encouraging.
"The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil."
"Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have."
- Born in Ulm, Württemberg, Germany. He was a theoretical physicist.
"Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value."
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
- The thirty-fourth President of the United States.
"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it."
"Pessimism never won any battle."
- Mary Anne Evans, who wrote using the name George Eliot, was an English novelist.
"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms."
"It's never too late to be who you might have been."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- He was one of the most influential literary figures of the 19th century.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
"Friends should be like books, easy to find when you need them, but seldom used."
- An American industrialist, pioneer of the assembly-line production method.
"Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain."
"There is no man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can do."
Anne Frank Quotes
- She suffered challenges that most of us could never imagine. Be inspired.
"Cheer up, keep your spirits high, things are bound to get better!"
"In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit."
Benjamin Franklin - Benjamin Franklin had a diversified career.
"Well done, is better than well said."
"The noblest question in the world is What good may I do in it?"
- (1883 - 1931) a Lebanese artist, poet, and writer.
"A man's true wealth is the good he does in the world."
"The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply. "
Edgar A. Guest
- Edgar A. Guest was a poet whose work lives on today.
"The best of all the preachers are the men who live their creeds."
"You'll be richer in the end than a prince, if you're a friend."
Robert M. Hensel
- Born with a birth defect but it has not stopped him from achieving success.
"Now I look beyond what I can't do and focus on what I CAN. "
"Tears are the body's raindrops of emotion."
Napoleon Hill Quotes
- An American writer and philsopher.
"The ability to influence people without irritating them is the most profitable skill you can learn."
"Knowledge is only potential power."
- Elbert Hubbard was an American author and publisher.
"I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate."
"The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you."
Thomas Jefferson - The third President of the United States
"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."
"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations - entangling alliances with none."
Helen Keller Quotes
- She became deaf and blind when she was just a baby of 19 months
"As my knowledge of things grew I felt more and more the delight of the world I was in."
"Of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful."
Martin Luther King Jr
- A man with a strong personality and determination. He changed history.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
"The time is always right to do what is right."
- A determined man with a simple philosophy on life.
"No one would have crossed the ocean if he could have gotten off the ship in the storm."
"It's amazing what ordinary people can do if they set out without preconceived notions."
- The founder of McDonalds franchises. Let his quotes encourage and inspire you.
"Take calculated risks. Act boldly and thoughtfully. Be an agile company."
"The more I help others to succeed, the more I succeed."
John Lennon Quotes
- A musician most notably known as one of the Beatles.
"Life is what happens while you are making other plans."
"All you need is love."
- The Sixteenth President of the United States
"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back. "
"Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves."
- One of football's most accomplished and respected coaches.
"Football is like life, it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority."
"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
- Mandela a South African Statesman was the winner of the Nobel Prize in 1993
"It always seems impossible until its done."
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
- An inspirational Author. His quotes are ones that are truly uplifting.
"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
"Experience has been a stern but excellent teacher."
W. Somerset Maugham
- A British novelist, playwright, and short-story writer.
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best."
"Common sense and nature will do a lot to make the pilgrimage of life not too difficult."
- Disabled since childhood, began writing to help him cope with his situation.
"I believe that nothing in life is unimportant every moment can be a beginning."
"If Home is where the heart is then may your Home be blessed . . ."
- Jacquie McTaggart retired after 42 years of teaching.
- Truly an inspiration for us all!
Earl Nightingale Quotes
- Earl Nightingale was a motivational writer and author.
Norman Vincent Peale
- Norman Vincent Peale an US clergyman and author.
- An author whose words still have wisdom today.
- Tony Robbins is a motivational speaker and a self help author.
- For more than thirty years he has helped improve the lives of people.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt was the 32nd President of the United States.
- Born in England, educated at the University of Oxford
- Be inspired by the words of wisdom in these Seneca quotes.
George Bernard Shaw
- An Irish dramatist, a playwright, a socialist spokesman.
M. K. Soni
- His objective in life is: "to help others, cultivate interests in good literature."
W. Clement Stone
- An American business man, founded the Combined Insurance Co.
- One of the leading authorities on development and personal effectiveness.
- His true name was Samual Langhorne Clemens. Born in Florida, Mo, US.
Michelle C. Ustaszeski
- A writer and photographer of inspirational and motivational art.
- An American poet, author, educator, and clergyman.
W - Y
- A well known American motivational speaker and author. He has helped inspired millions!
William Arthur Ward
- An American author, editor, pastor and teacher.
"We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them."
"Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook."
Rick Warren Quotes
-Rick Warren is a Christian Pastor and author.
"When you share your experiences with other people, you help take away their fears."
"Forgiveness is instant and unearned, but trust must be earned."
- A celebrity who is a truly amazing and motivational woman!
- A musician who has sold over 20 million albums worldwide.
- Zig Ziglar is a successful American author and motivational speaker.
Famous Quotes To Consider:
"The famous psychiatrist and author of Man and His Symbols,
Carl Jung, once said, 'The dream is the small hidden door in the
deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul…'"
Sean Lysaght, Personal Success
"It is certainly not a new thing, many of William Shakespeare's
plays were based around the theme of romantic jealousy, one
of the most famous being Othello."
Lesley Harriot, How To Have Successful Relationships
"As the world famous financial advisor, Dave Ramsey,
says 'live to like no one else, so later you CAN live like no one else!'"
Ricky Gomez, Frugal Living
Everyone in the world, it seems, is just a little bit famous.
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google +, and even the
email we write expose parts of ourselves that a generation
ago would have been private.
Devin D. Thorpe, 925 Ideas to Help You Save Money, Get Out of Debt and Retire A Millionaire So You Can Leave Your Mark on the World
Famous Quotes Page 2
Words of Wisdom |
Inspirational Quotes |
Short Stories |
Quote of The Day |
Contact Us |
About Us |