90 Sunday Quotes
Let these Sunday quotes start your day with inspiring and uplifting words.
As Anthony J. D’Angelo once said, “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”We hope this Sunday finds lots of sunshine in your life!
Sunday is considered a day of rest. A time to reflect upon the week past and the upcoming week. It is a time to count our blessings and enjoy the beauty of creation that surrounds us. For many Sunday is spent with family and friends. Whatever your Sunday is spent doing, enjoy and be thankful!
- If we choose a positive, loving attitude that honors all life and embrace the changes as much as possible, things won’t be quite as difficult. Richard L. Haight, The Unbound Soul
- Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty. John Ruskin
Through the week we always seem so busy, Sunday is a great day to stop and notice nature and the beauty surrounding us.
- Ah, Sunday, the day of rest… now THAT’S something to be thankful for! Aaron P. Taylor, Be Thankful
- Perhaps you can remember words that your grandmother, mother, aunt, friends, acquaintances, or spiritual leaders spoke into your life that made an impact. God was using them to speak life-giving maternal words of wisdom to you.
Patricia King, 31 Decrees of Blessing for Women
Words of Encouragement for Women
This Sunday quote applies to both women and men!
- God works all things for good to those who love Him and persevere through to victory. Faith Marie Baczko, In His Image
God Is Good Quotes
- The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us. C. S. Lewis
Quotes about God’s Love
This Sunday don’t forget God’s love for you is unlike any other!
- God desires that we be dependent upon Him, not independent from Him. Joyce Meyer, Seize the Day
Christian Motivational Quotes
Sunday is a great time to reflect on the “desires of God” and consider if we are living for our own desires or are we living to fulfill God’s desires. Do we depend on God or are we independent?
- The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us. C. S. LewisQuotes About God’s LoveOn Sunday, I think the most important thing for me is to just turn my brain off. The idea of not trying is the key, because that’s where you’re relaxed enough to let your brain make new connections. Rebecca Stead
- The more generous we are, the more joyous we become.
William Arthur Ward, Truths for Living
This Sunday quote was said many years ago however it still holds much truth today! Be generous this Sunday and in the coming week and you will find happiness!
- Faith is not an assignment we sign up for, it is a blessing we are given. Donna Schmier, Unshakable Faith
- If you bless others you will be blessed so be blessed and be a blessing to others. Jean Renee Porter
Good Morning Blessings
- I have discovered that trouble is one of God’s great servants because it reminds us how much we continually need Him. Jentezen Franklin, Love Like You’ve Never Been Hurt
- When all of earth turns against you, all of heaven turns toward you. To keep your balance in a crooked world, look at the mountains. Think of Home.Max Lucado, And the Angels Were Silent
- Understanding God’s predestined plan for your life is a powerful tool for maturing you in the faith.Eddie Snipes, Predestined for Good Works
Christian Quotes about Life
- A smile also works wonders with your own family. A smile given to each child or spouse when you see them no matter where or when will communicate you are open and welcoming.Byron Pulsifer, Just A Smile
Give lots of smiles this Sunday!
- God’s Word is His will. We know the heart of God as we spend time in the Scriptures. Mathew Sunny, The Blessed Christian Walk
Gods Will Quotes
Words to reflect on this Sunday.
- There is no need to purchase a prayer from the internet or to get involved in magic, it is not of God. Jesus explains clearly in the scriptures exactly how to achieve the desires of our hearts through prayer. Eunice Tawney, False Teachings
- A day to reflect, a day of respect
For all you have been blessed
Let your joy be expressed.
Catherine Pulsifer, A Time For Joy
- Trust in God’s sweet timing and don’t ever, ever think that you don’t have value on this earth. You are born for such a time as this. Heather Lindsey, The Purpose Room
Gods Plan Quotes
This Sunday and all the time, don’t ever doubt that God has a plan for your life!
- May your Sunday be filled with sunshine and blessings!
- Reading about Jesus, and how much he loves you, and what he has done for you, will strengthen your faith and give you comfort and peace. Robert Medlin
- How can we have a renewed mind? Surely only by habitually meditating on the Word of God by the Spirit’s help; until the principles of God’s Word become absorbed into our thinking, and such thinking governs all our actions. Brian Johnston, Exploring Issues of Life
God’s Word The Bible
- We all go through hard times. But do we try and fix our own problems or do we trust God that He can fix them? Brandon Harrison, I Trust You Lord
Life Is Hard Quotes
- Sunday is a day to clear the mind of all that has transpired the week before.Byron Pulsifer
- God has blessed us so much – let’s bless as many other people as we can by bringing justice and helping the poor. Matt Brown
Helping Others Quotes
- God is not a Sunday plumber – he’s always available… John Geddes, A Familiar Rain
- The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings. J. M. Barrie
Poems about Faith
- God doesn’t always take you out of the problem. He stretches your faith by taking you through the problem. Rick Warren
A Sunday quote that you can keep with you throughout your coming week!
- Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Kind words are like honey – sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. Proverbs 16:24 (NLT)
Never doubt the benefit of kind words. While you may not realize it the impact of your words may be with the person not only on this Sunday, but for the rest of the week! Words have power, use them for good.
- Lazy people are soon poor; hard workers get rich. Proverbs 10:4 (NLT)
- It’s not enough to attend church and pray every Sunday; you have to act. Abbe Pierre
- Prayer relieves the stress of perceived inactivity. Now that God has been given the task, you don’t have to worry about it any longer. God has his people on it. With less stress comes more strength. Max Lucado
Take Max Lucado’s words to heart this Sunday and give God all your worries.
- Starting your day in gratitude will give you the right attitude for the rest of your day. Sumit Gautam, Ways to start your day positively
New Day Quotes
A great quote not only for your Sunday but for the entire week!
- Most of us spend the first six days of each week sowing wild oats; then we go to church on Sunday and pray for a crop failure. Fred Allen
- God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails. Augustine of Hippo
Take Action Quotes
- We have a choice of focusing on our problems or focusing on God, who holds the solution. Rick Warren
- Sometimes, when an idea just won’t go away, you need to pay attention to how God is nudging you. Robin Jones Gunn
- We cannot save the world without God’s help, but He can’t save the world without ours. We need His love; He needs our hands and feet. Marianne Williamson, A Year of Miracles
Change The World Quotes
- You cannot have the beginnings of a productive week without a Sunday spent in the calmness of the day. Byron Pulsifer
New Beginning Quotes
- Yet we should be mistaken if we therefore supposed that the Roman occupation could be dismissed as an incident without consequence. It had given time for the Christian faith to plant itself. Winston Churchill
- May happiness be with you
and success follow you
May God be with you
and may He bless you.
- Our faith in God is similar to our faith in wind. We cannot see God, but we see evidence of God every single day. Heidi Kreider
- Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.Joseph Addison
Funny Quotes about Life
- No matter what is going on in your day-to-day life, keep making time for Him (God) so that your relationship can grow strong and you can walk in the fullness of the blessing He has prepared for you!Joel Osteen, Fresh Start
- Well, there’s nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book. Chris Klein
Quotes about Books
- Without Sunday as my day of rest, my honey-do-list would beckon me. Byron Pulsifer
- Make the most of whatever comes your way, and be looking for God’s hand of blessing to carry you into the abundant life He has planned for you! Joel Osteen, Daily Readings
Trust God Quotes
- Yet the Gospel encourages humiliation, not despondency.It deals in the realities, not of woe and despair, but of hope, peace, and joy. Charles Bridges
- Why is Sunday a day of rest because
it is different than all the rest. Byron Pulsifer
- We are saved to serve even as the angels serve God in Heaven. Therefore, we must serve him here on earth. Pastor Paul Rika
- A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content. Proverb
- To love another person is to see the face of God. Les Miserables
- Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest! D.S. Mixell
Quote of The Day
- Sunday, a day of rest declared by God for our benefit; appreciate the dayand rest. Byron Pulsifer
- No matter how you rush into the 7 days of each week, at least one day will be your relax and recharge day. Kathy Henn, Daily Inspiration
- I try to not work too many Sundays. At least on Sunday nights, I try to chill out a little bit. I call it Sunday Funday. Miley Cyrus
- Trust in God’s sweet timing and don’t ever, ever think that you don’t have value on this earth. You are born for such a time as this. Heather Lindsey
- Easter Sunday, the resurrection of Jesus, gives absolute meaning to the hope in Christianity. Byron Pulsifer
- Now, every day when I wake up I am grateful. I have to be. And I have to count the things that are abundant in my life. Literally count them. James Altucher
- Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature. St. Augustine
- The frantic pace of life is only interrupted by the quietness of Sunday. Byron Pulsifer
- I always look forward to Sunday; a day to offer my thanks; to give glory to the one true God of the universe and the puirveyor of all peace. Byron Pulsifer
- Without Sunday, I wouldn’t know when to put on the brakes of a hurtling life. Byron Pulsifer
- Learn how to trust in yourself and also place your trust in the Lord he will never fail you. Shareta Berry
- This is Sunday, and the question arises, what’ll I start tomorrow? Kurt Vonnegut
- Oh blessed Sunday how I long to embrace your quietitude, your calmness and your command to rest. Byron Pulsifer
- Sunday is another opportunity to give hope, encouragement and comfort to those we meet. Byron Pulsifer
- It is Sunday, call your Mother!
- How I long for the day to come when Sunday is every day of the week. Byron Pulsifer
- God can dramatically impact your sense of well-being. Research even bears it out. Faith does something else as well. It gives you hope for the future, even in the face of seemingly hopeless situations. Valorie Burton
Quotes about the Future
- Children learn about God through adults in their lives: parents, grandparents, family, friends, teachers, and mentors. Betsy Duffey
- It’s also most important to remember, when struggling to forgivesomeone, that Jesus paid the price for our forgiveness long before we confessed our sin and wrongdoing. Our release had been paid for; we just need to receive it, through repentance and faith. Rob White
- Remember God’s thoughts are not our thoughts and His way not our ways. Ask God to help you to be aligned to the centre of His will, and remember – as I’ve heard it said – that ‘delay is not denial.’ Pinkie Bagele Taolo
Thought of the Day
- What a spectacular, inspiring message God has for mankind – a message that should illuminate your life now- far beyond anything from this Earth. Gerald Flurry
- Every parable that Jesus discusses about his ‘sheep’ meaning us, he shows SO much compassion for us. Andrew Wright
- Being angry, anxious, defeated, and depressed are not God’s plans for you.” Robert E. Baines Jr.
- Prayer pushes us through life’s slumps, propels us over the humps, and pulls us out of the dumps. Prayer is the oomph we need to get the answers we seek. Max Lucado
- May your Sunday be full of sun and laughter. Kate Summers
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV)
Encouraging Bible Verses
- We are content with what God blesses us with, and we don’t lust after what is not ours. We have peace because we don’t allow envy to torture us. Michael Caputo
- Our prayers are strengthened when we know God is listening and that He is faithful. Dr. David Jeremiah
- I am grateful that God focuses on our faith and not our failures, and as you read you will be reminded, “… that failure is one of, if not the best teaching tools that we have. Pierre Thompson
- Positive thinking does not mean that there are zero problems, but it means that you can cope and recover more easily, while at the same time you are able to look at a brighter side of any situation. John Franz
Positive Thinking Quotes
- Faith and hope work hand in hand, however while hope focuses on the future, faith focuses on the now. David Odunaiya
- Prayer is a conversation between you and God. Don’t be afraid to talk to him. Don’t worry about what you will say. Speak from your heart. Nicky Gumbel
- Don’t tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is. Author Unknown
Words of Encouragement
- When I was a young boy, something that my mom always emphasized to my siblings and me is that it was never okay to just get bye, be average or mediocre. She encouraged us to chase our dreams, but always keep God first in our lives. Joseph Woodley
Poems about Life
- Sunday is a day to look at what you thought was previously impossible and push it forward into the present where it becomes possible. Byron Pulsifer
- Sunday, for me, is all about being home with the family with no plans. John Lasseter
More Quotes to Inspire and Encourage