95 Famous Quotes
People who become famous are usually extraordinary in some way. They’ve out-worked their competition and poured blood, sweat and tears into getting to the very top (even, as most famous people will tell you, to over work to the point of obsession!). And even though we only see in part who a famous person really is… (we tend to only know the public profile, not the private persona), there are some truly wise words here; borne out of real-world experience and toughness. So be encouraged by these famous words from some of the world’s most famous people! I hope these Quotes from Famous People give you encouragement and help accelerate you on your own journey to the top!
- When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
- There are three things you can do with your life: You can waste it, you can spend it, or you can invest it. The best use of your life is to invest it in something that will last longer than your time on Earth.
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
Famous words of Maya Angelou
- You only pass through this life once, you don’t come back for an encore.
- “Never rest on your laurels. Nothing wilts faster than a laurel sat upon.”
- “You could be the world’s best garbage man, the world’s best model; it don’t matter what you do if you’re the best.”
Muhammad Ali (famous words to encourage you to be the best at whatever you do)
- “Peace begins with a smile.”
A well known quote by Mother Teresa
- “In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit.”
- I think we need more love in the world. We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter.
- “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Questions provide the key to unlocking our unlimited potential.”
- “Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.”
Awesome quote by Henry Ford
- “Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.”
- “Happiness doesn’t come from doing what we like to do but from liking what we have to do.”
- What counts can’t always be counted; what can be counted doesn’t always count.
Albert Einstein Brilliant Words!
- “You’re not defined by your past; you’re prepared by it. You’re stronger, more experienced, and you have greater confidence.”
- “The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.”
- “The ability to influence people without irritating them is the most profitable skill you can learn.”
- “Ability is of little account without opportunity.”
- “We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.”
- We begin, then, with the basic premise that the purpose of our life is to seek happiness. It is a vision of happiness as a real objective, one that we can take positive steps toward achieving
Dalai Lama, The Art of Happiness
- “Now I look beyond what I can’t do and focus on what I CAN. “
Robert M. Hensel
You know I think that when you explore the ordinary, sometimes, you may just discover the extraordinary.
- “It’s fun to do the impossible.”
An excellent quote Walt Disney
- “Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort.”
- “You put your intention and your attention on what it is that you want to shift and change.”
- “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of it to anyone else.”
Well-known words of Charles Dickens
- “To reach a port, we must sail – sail, not tie at anchor – sail, not drift.”
Famous words of Franklin Roosevelt
- Your brain is the most important organ in your body, and what happens in it determines what you think and feel, say and do.
Rick Hanson, Hardwiring Happiness
- “We tend to get what we expect.”
Norman Vincent Peale
- Having known both the peaks and the valleys of public life, I have learned that you cannot really appreciate the heights unless you have also experienced the depths.
- Wilma Rudolph, Helen Keller, Walt Disney, Joan of Arc, Nelson Mandela, and Thomas Edison, to name a few, not only climbed mountains, they exceeded limits and expanded boundaries, setting the tone for those who respect and admire them.
Eric Thomas, Greatness Is Upon You
- “No one would have crossed the ocean if he could have gotten off the ship in the storm.”
- “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.”
- “Bad things are not the worst thing that can happen to us. NOTHING is the worst thing that can happen to us.”
- “Happy is the man who can make a living by his hobby.”
George Bernard Shaw
- “Just disconnect. Once in a day sometime, sit silently and from all connections disconnect yourself.”
- “Prosperity is not without many fears and distastes, and adversity is not without comforts and hopes.”
- The heart is luminous, but it is obscured by veils which are not of its nature.
- “Enjoy all you have while pursuing all you want.”
Jim Rohn (famous words we all need to heed)
- “When you are through changing, you are through.”
- “Experience has been a stern but excellent teacher.”
- “Well done, is better than well said.”
A popular quote by Benjamin Franklin
- “Be where you are; otherwise you will miss your life.”
- “Living an experience, a particular fate, is accepting it fully.”
- See how many are better off than you are, but consider how many are worse.
- “You’ll be richer in the end than a prince, if you’re a friend.”
Edgar A. Guest
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
- “Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult.”
- “A man’s true wealth is the good he does in the world.”
- “Only a mediocre person is always at his best.”
W. Somerset Maugham
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
- “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.”
- “Football is like life, it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.”
- “As you know, life is an echo; we get what we give.”
- “Life is what happens while you are making other plans.”
- “I believe that nothing in life is unimportant every moment can be a beginning.”
- “I enjoy every day, because I choose to.”
- “Find people who will make you better.”
Michelle Obama (and they don’t have to be famous people they can be everyday people!)
- “I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.”
- “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.”
- “There are also countless writers, movie directors, and inventors whose ideas that have made them famous got their creative ideas from dreams.”
Michelle Hunt, Creativity: Innovation
- “As my knowledge of things grew I felt more and more the delight of the world I was in.”
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
Martin Luther King Jr
- Benjamin Franklin was a humanitarian that dedicated his life to making contributions to all humans. He had a clear purpose for himself: improve the human race.
Paulo Braga, A Happy Life
- “The key to success is to develop a winning edge.”
- “You’ll never achieve real success unless you like what you’re doing.”
Dale Carnegie (famous words that still hold true today)
- “Success is a matter of sticking to a set of common sense principles anyone can master.”
- Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.
- Unless you’re continually improving your skills, you’re quickly becoming irrelevant.
- The key to success is failure.
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.
- If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours.
- Your attitude is either the lock on or key to your door of success.
- The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.
- Others don’t realize that the real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job; that you can best get to the top by getting to the bottom of things – and then climbing those stairs, one at a time.
Zig Ziglar, See You At The Top
Quotes by Famous People
Be encouraged by these famous words from some famous people! Quotes that provide encouragement and some that are thought provoking.
Related: Quote of The Day | Cute Quotes | Positive Quotes |
Famous Inspirational Quotes
Be inspired by these famous words that apply to all ages!
Related: Inspirational Quotes | Inspirational Quotes for Kids | Inspirational Quotes for Students | Inspirational Sayings |
Famous Short Quotes
While these words are short and said by famous people they contain words of wisdom!
Related: Short Quotes | Short Inspirational Quotes | Short Graduation Quotes | Short Positive Quotes |
Famous Quotes about Life
Famous words to encourage you to live each day!
Related: Famous Quotes about Life | Inspirational Quotes about Life | Life Changing Quotes | Quotes to Live By |
Famous Quotes About Success
Find the keys to success in these famous lines!
Related: Success Quotes | Quotes About Being Successful | Success Poem | Winning Quotes | Motivational Quotes |
- “Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.”
- “Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius.”
- Use what talent you possess – the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.
- To die laughing must be the most glorious of all glorious deaths!
Edgar Allan Poe
- “I’m a slow walker, but I never walk back. “
- “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.”
- “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.”
- “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.”
- “Friends should be like books, easy to find when you need them, but seldom used.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Mom needs to remember that honey catches more flies than vinegar does.”
- Hate the sin, love the sinner.
- “You need a mind open to possibility, conditioned to love the creative spirit we all have inside ourselves.”
- “God put you on this earth because He loves you and He has a plan for you.”
- “If faith asks, it will receive; if hope seeks, it will find; and if love knocks, the door will be opened to it.”
- You have heard the law that says, ï¿½Love your neighborï¿½ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!
Jesus, Matthew 5:43-44
- If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love others.
- Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.
C. S. Lewis
- We should love unquenchably, dream unfalteringly, and work unceasingly.
Famous Funny Quotes
Famous words that will make you smile!
Related: Funny Quotes | Funny Sayings | Funny Friendship Quotes | Funny Poems | Funny Birthday Quotes |
Famous Quotes About Love
Famous words to remind you love changes the world
Related: Famous Love Quotes | Love Quotes | I Love You Quotes | Cute Love Quotes | True Love Quotes | Short Love Poems
Most Popular Famous People Quotes:
Mark Twain Quotes | Yoda Quotes | Walt Disney Quotes | Abraham Lincoln Quotes | Benjamin Franklin Quotes | Eric Thomas Quotes | Joel Osteen Quotes | Les Brown Quotes |
We hope you have been inspired and encouraged by these famous quotes from these recognized and outstanding, prominent people; from authors, former presidents, movie stars, and leaders. We can all learn from their experience and knowledge. Their quotes give us insight into life, love, and success along with some humor!Learn from those who have been there, be encouraged and motivated by their words.
More Famous Quotes Page 2
1 thought on “95 Famous Quotes To Inspire and Encourage”
I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Exceptional work!