130 Birthday Quotes
The best Happy Birthday Quotes are timeless and are for sharing with family and friends. It’s a fantastic thing to be able to recognize and celebrate their special day; the day on which they were born! These words will make them smile, laugh and feel special! There are quotes from famous people and a lot more from the wisest people we know.
I’ll tell you what else I hear from the wisest people I know, “Im 35 love” Coming from my mom even though we celebrated her birthday 35th birthday 20 years ago, or at least I think it was around 20 years ago? Who knows my mom hasn’t shared her age in all of my adult years. Age to some people is a curse while to others it’s a blessing, Well let me tell you that age IS one hundred percent a blessing. You are wiser, more experienced and no longer do you get called “sport” or worse yet “young man/ young lady”. So you see that every event has its plus sides, and birthdays a truly full of them!
I hope that these Birthday Quotes help you wish them a very special day!
Click the links below to skip to:
Published by: Ben Gillison & Catherine Pulsifer
Updated for 2022
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
Happy Birthday Wishes
- A Birthday is a new beginning –
A birthday is the first day of another lovely year,
A year of new tomorrows that is shining, bright and clear,
A year of possibilities as endless as the sky, and a chance to meet the challenges in everything you try.
- No wise man ever wished to be younger.
- “Don’t regret another birthday, the good news is that you are alive and can celebrate it.”
Funny Birthday Quotes
- We should celebrate every year that we made it through and every year that we’re happier and healthier.
Elllen DeGeneres, Seriously…I’m Kidding
Famous Quote about Life
- “A birthday is like a new year and my wish for you, is a great year full of happiness and sunshine!”
Happy Birthday Sister In Law
- “Our hope this year, for you my dear, is a year of happiness and joy. May the coming year bring all you dream of and more!”
Happy Birthday Cuz
- “Don’t just count your years, make your years count.”
21st Birthday Quotes
- “Life isn’t about your age. Life is about living. So when your birthday comes be thankful for the year that has just past and anticipate with a happy heart what the coming year will bring.”
- I believe that no matter what condition you are in when someone close to your heart remembers your birthday and wishes you a happy birthday, you feel happy.
- “Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.”
- “I am long on ideas, but short on time. I expect to live to be only about a hundred.”
- “To me a birthday means celebrating the presence of an individual in our lives.”
- “Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!”
Words of Encouragement
- “A birth-date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life.”
Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words
- “In other words, live vicariously, beautifully, and excitingly, discover, love, dare and act as there is nothing to lose.”
Andy Hertz, Life, The Best Birthday Gift
- “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.”
- “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.”
- “Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays – – everybody’s got one.
Most kids wish they had more.
Older people wish they had fewer and find them a bore.”
Sally Huss, Let’s Celebrate
- “Today you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life. May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness.”
- “You were born and with you endless possibilities, very few ever to be realized.It’s okay. Life was never about what you could do, but what you would do.”
Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway
- “There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.”
- “I was brought up to respect my elders, so now I don’t have to respect anybody.”
George Burns (at 100 years)
- “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.”
Quotes to Live By
- “You know you’re getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It’s like, ‘See if you can blow this out.'”
- “The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything.”
Quote of The Day
- “Your birthday is my pleasure. You are my sweetest treasure.”
Danny Demeersseman, More than 300 Wishes for Birthday Greetings
I Love You Quotes
- “A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy.”
- “I enjoy celebrating birthdays. Everyone should have their birthday celebrated.”
Loraine D. Nunley, 40 Birthday Celebration Ideas
- “Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again.”
Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- “There are two attitudes you can have when it comes to your birthday:
1. be thankful you have lived another year.
or, 2. complain about being a year older.”
- “Live everyday like your birthday and drive your life with all varieties of appreciation. A life live with thanksgiving every day is never tired of being lived again and again!”
Israelmore Ayivor, Daily Drive 365
- “Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don’t recognize you.”
People Change Quotes
- “How you celebrate your partner’s birthday will tell them a lot about what they mean to you, and how important the relationship is to you.”
Denise Brienne, 250 Romantic Ideas For Couples: Volume 1
- “We have to be able to grow up. Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be.”
- “To my surprise, my 70s are nicer than my 60s and my 60s than my 50s, and I wouldn’t wish my teens and 20s on my enemies.”
Poems about Life
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed.”
Quotes about Change
- “May your years be counted not by your age
but by how you spend your days.”
- “You are a very special person to us and on this day you were born we are remind of the unique and wonderful person that you are.Believe in yourself, be all that you were born to be!”
Believe In Yourself
- “An angel you have been to me. Today, on this special day I want you to know how much you are loved and appreciated every day of the year. Happy Birthday.”
- “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.”
New Year Quotes
- “To me, fair friend, you never can be old, for as you were when first your eye I eye’d, such seems your beauty still.”
- “A birthday is a day that brings
Much celebration and so we sing,
A very Happy Birthday to You
Our life would not be complete without You.”
Quotes about Love and Life
- “When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.”
- “Birthdays are inevitable, beautiful and very particular moments in our lives! Moments that bring precious memories back, celebrate the present times and give hope for the future.”
Bsbr Arish, Birthday wishes
- “Another year comes to a close, and another begins. May the coming year be one that will be filled with laughter of friends, love of family, and the life that you dream of.”
- “May you receive many gifts, and may your day be joyous, and best of all may you be surrounded by family and friends. May all you wish for come true.”
Theodore W. Higginsworth
- “Today you are another year older, and we know how fast time flys as we get older, therefore, live each day and be happy!”
Live Life Quotes
- “The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday.”
- Your birthday is the beginning of your own personal new year. Your first birthday was a beginning, and each new birthday is a chance to begin again, to start over, to take a new grip on life.
New Beginning Quotes
- “Each new year of life added to your past, changing the way you viewed every new day, influencing how you reacted to everything from the simplest daily routines to complex events touching you, your family, and the world you lived in.”
Paul Snyder, Love: In Search of a Reason for Living
Change The World Quotes
- “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent – that is to triumph over old age.”
Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- “Your age isn’t you. Use today to feel your best, celebrate and be your very happiest.”
- “A birthday is not a day to fear. It is a day to celebrate and look forward to the coming year.”
- “Indeed, birthdays are special days that mark the growth and accomplishment we have made in the year past, and for more to come in the upcoming year.”
- “A birthday is the anniversary of your birth. It’s the time most of us reflect over the past year and what we hope for in the coming year.”
Claudia T Hudson
- “Today, be aware of how you are spending your 1,440 beautiful moments, and spend them wisely.”
- “A milestone birthday usually means taking the time to consider your life, your goals and what you have accomplished or not accomplished in your life up to this point.”
- “God created you in a unique special kind of way. . . so that is why I believe that you are a very special person!”
- “Happiness may come from some achievement, whether big or small, a sense of self-empowerment at work or in a social setting or a pleasant gesture like a birthday surprise from family and friends.”
Amit Ahlawat, Seven Ways To Sustained Happiness
- “May the love of family surround, the enthusiasm of friends be with you, and the joy of another year to look forward be foremost in your thoughts on this day of your birthday.”
- “Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.”
- “Select a personal quote to put on birthday and holiday cards to your family and friends. Share the positivity and inspiration.”
Ellen Young, Inspirational Quotes
- “A child whose birthday is coming up is so excited, they count down the days. But as we get older we seem to lose the excitement. We need to rethink and be happy we have reached another birthday.”
Theodore W. Higginsworth
Poems about Happiness
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
Encouraging Bible Verses
- “Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.”
- “Don’t worry about another birthday, let the best of life has to offer, be your focus! After all none of us knows what tomorrow will bring, live for today, recognize and appreciate the years you have had!”
Theodore W. Higginsworth
- The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
- “To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.”
Henri Frederic Amiel
- “Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.”
Jean Paul Richter
- “All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.”
- “Birthdays are among the most awaited day for children since it evokes fun and games that they can enjoy with their family and friends.”
Hal Jordan, Birthday Party Ideas and Party Supplies on a Budget
- “Wishing is always an expression of scarcity and despite what your parents told you when inviting you to blow out the candles on your birthday cake, wishes are never granted when they come from a point of scarcity.”
Craig Beck, How to Attract Money
- “Birthdays come but once a year, celebrate and be of good cheer.”
- “You don’t get older, you get better.”
Cute Love Quotes
- Each year as our birthday comes, our thoughts and beliefs may change a bit from year to year. But believe our wish for you is always the same, may you find happiness and blessings all of your days!
- “Fly free and happy beyond birthdays and across forever, and we’ll meet now and then when we wish, in the midst of the one celebration that never can end.”
Good Bye Quotes
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”
George Bernard Shaw
- “You bring happiness into my life. And on this birthday my wish and hope is that you are happy today.”
Best Friend Poems
- “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.”
Life Lessons Quotes
- “I love everything that’s old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines.”
Quotes about Love and Friendship
- “Have you ever considered that your birthday is truly a day of celebration? A day to recognize the special gift we all received on the day you were born; the gift of you. You are appreciated, you are loved. As another year begins for you may you be filled with the thoughts of how special you are to all of us! Thank you for sharing your life with us.”
- “Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen.”
Robert Staughton Lynd
Good Day Quotes
- The years are ticking away, so let this birthday be the day that you set your goals to accomplish the things you are currently only dreaming about for your life!
Motivational Quotes About Life
- Never wish your birthday away,
be thankful you are alive today!
- “If every year is a marble, how many marbles do you have left? How many sunrises, how many opportunities to rise to the full stature of your being?”
- “My life is better with every year of living it.”
- “Birthdays mean going through another year of one’s life. It means growing another year older. For me, human birth is the purpose of Gods realization. A birthday simply means another year to complete that goal that we were sent to achieve.”
God’s Love Quotes
- “Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard, there is nothing you can do about it.”
- Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research.
Carl Gustav Jung
Cute Life Quotes
- “A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!”
Quote of The Day
- “Another year has passed, a birthday for you is in store.
May you find this coming year be one with lots of open doors.”
- “To me old age is 15 years older than I am.”
Bernard M. Baruch
Funny Birthday Quotes
- “What is special about your birthday?
It is like Christmas and New Years all rolled into one.
You get gifts to open and inspire you so
To celebrate your birth that happened, oh so long ago.”
- “Don’t wait for birthdays or holidays. Sometimes the most wonderful gifts are the unexpected ones.”
Candy Paull, The Heart of Abundance
- “Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.”
- “The best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once.”
E. Joseph Cossman
- “It is lovely, when I forget all birthdays, including my own, to find that somebody remembers me.”
- “Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.”
- “From our birthday, until we die, is but the winking of an eye.”
William Butler Yeats
Poems about Life
- “We know we’re getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it.”
- “Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.”
Words of Encouragement
- “The best birthdays of all are those that haven’t arrived yet.”
- “About the only thing that comes to us without effort is old age.”
- “For all the advances in medicine, there is still no cure for the common birthday.”
Top Ten Quotes
- “Birthdays don’t come easy. They just come every year.”
Danielle Duckery, Words For The Occasion
- “Artificial intelligence is a wonderful thing. I told my computer that today is my birthday, and it said that I need an upgrade.”
- “Age is a relative term. All my relatives keep reminding me how old I am.”
- “A man is getting old when he walks around a puddle instead of through it.”
R. C. Ferguson
Great Quotes about Life
- “Look at the positive side: at least you’re not as old as you will be next year.”
- “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
- “My mother is going to have to stop lying about her age because pretty soon I’m going to be older than she is.”
- In case you didn’t know it, my birthday is recognized every day of the month. Deal with it; it is in the rule book.
Daniel E. Ouellette, The Official Birthday Rulebook
- There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.
Meaning of Life
- Old age: When the candles for your birthday cake cost more than the cake itself.
Gennady UCHITEL, Do Not Judge a Book by Its Cover
Funny Retirement Quotes
- While cake, gifts, and special guests can make the day special, they are not what a birthday is all about.
- A birthday is your own private, personal blessing, like a bird song or a rainbow or the first star you see at night and make a wish on, like a daisy a child plucks and brings to you, saying, ï¿½This is for you!”
Unity – Volume 153
- A birthday is a time to reflect, to take stock and to look ahead. It is the day you entered the world. No great shakes to anyone else, but to you ï¿½ everything.
Kevan Manwaring, The Way of Awen
- A birthday is a time to count our blessings.
Leroy Brownlow, Your Special Day
Count Your Blessings
- Another year older, another year wiser.
Allie Blum, What is This?
- Another year older, life is truly okay-Believe in your future, Jesus is the way.
Frederick L Sanders, A Dream and a Prayer
- It is the joy and a celebration of a new life. It is the spirit of GOD our FATHER showing its love to us. This is why we celebrate our birthdays each year and this is why we celebrate the birth of our LORD JESUS CHRIST every year.
Thandi George, Let?
- Chronological age is just a number. Your biological age is the number that counts.
Myrliss Hershey, Age Is Just a Number
Great Quotes About Life
- You know you’re getting older when getting lucky means you’ve won the lottery.
Lois Kaufman, Old Age Is Not for Sissies
Funny Love Quotes
- If you think I sent you this card just because its your birthday, you’re wrong…… it’s also out of respect for the elderly.
Bill Bytheway, Ageism
Funny Family Quotes
- We know your birthday is coming nature’s laws don’t bend; There is no need to know his age when we salute a friend. No matter what the number isï¿½ a friendship is the cause; We like to think, you are a friend, it’s the first of nature’s laws.
Robert Perdue, The Gist of Life Ainï¿½T What It Was
- No matter what age you choose to be this year, I won’t let on that I know ï¿½old ageï¿½ is getting near even though on you it doesn’t show.
Jeannie Parrish, J.p.
- I hope you celebrate your birthday every year no matter your age, for your life truly is a gift.
Anthea Gillian Tripp, My Soul Sings for You
Life is Too Short
- By the time it takes you to read this sentence, another Baby Boomer will have blown out 50 candles on a birthday cake. The good news is, Baby Boomer, no matter your age, you still get to make a wish!
Mid-Life Career AssessmentMarshall W. Northington PhD
- “Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.”
Funny Quotes about Life
Birthday Quotes Page 2
21st Birthday Quotes plus 30th, 40th, 50th
Happy Birthday Quotes For Friend
Someone’s date of birth is a day to be celebrated. Some people don’t like to recognize the day, they say it is just another number. But each and every one of us should be thankful and appreciate the fact that we have this day as there are many who don’t. So on your birthday, be happy, celebrate, and be thankful!